Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 PM

31 posts, read 150,298 times

Advertisements

We visited Jupiter a few months ago and fell in love with the small town feel and proximity to WPB/city/jobs. We are hoping to have a slower pace of life and warmer temperatures compared to DC. We have 3 small children, one who will be in kindergarden and another in preschool.
Our house in on the market and we have given notice at work so it has been decided that we will go when our house sells.
Any advice in terms of neighborhoods/schools/moving details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Abacoa, hands down, is a great family area. I have heard of people selling homes in some of the other popular developments, liek Egret's Landing, in order to buy in abacoa and get their kids into Abacoa zoned schools (which, admittedly, I don't know what those schools are exactly!)

Hoem prices are coming down, but look to spend between 210-300k for a nice townhouse, and close to 400k for a single family home.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM

199 posts, read 219,975 times
We lived in Jupiter for 3 years, excellent area. Abacoa is fine if you like a very planned community with tiny lots. The planned down town has some night life, but is overrun by unsupervised teens from all over Palm Beach County every weekend. It was not our thing at all.

We preferred Jupiter Farms, about 5 miles west of Jupiter. Lots from 1.25-2.5 acres, has its own Elementary school. Nice community park. A nice slower pace. Little farms all over, kids ride horses, ATVs, do 4 H stuff...yet can be at the beach in 15 minutes.

But what ever you do, RENT. I can not say this enough. We have tracked prices and inventory since we moved. The inventory is growing every month and prices have dropped but have a LONG way to go.

Do not buy now. There are tons of great rentals. You can negotiate a great lease. Get the deposit as low as possible and put into escrow.

You rent for 1-2 years and then if you like the area still, grab a bargain on a house.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:50 AM

174 posts, read 207,282 times
I just went to Jupiter for the first time and now I want to drop everything and move there.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:22 PM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBreezes View Post
We visited Jupiter a few months ago and fell in love with the small town feel and proximity to WPB/city/jobs. We are hoping to have a slower pace of life and warmer temperatures compared to DC. We have 3 small children, one who will be in kindergarden and another in preschool.
Our house in on the market and we have given notice at work so it has been decided that we will go when our house sells.
Any advice in terms of neighborhoods/schools/moving details?
You should come down here in the winter months and you will see its very different with all the snowbirds/Canadians and tourists. It gets very crowded from December till April. Also they're are building non stop in this area and Palm Beach Gardens just broke ground on 2000 homes and townhouses off Donald Ross. Just letting you know that Jupiter is no longer a sleepy little town in North Palm Beach county

Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Jupiter is no longer a sleepy little town in North Palm Beach county
Well said!
So sad - but true

Old 02-18-2016, 11:25 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
This is a 9 year old thread.......

Old 02-20-2016, 12:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
You should come down here in the winter months and you will see its very different with all the snowbirds/Canadians and tourists. It gets very crowded from December till April. Also they're are building non stop in this area and Palm Beach Gardens just broke ground on 2000 homes and townhouses off Donald Ross. Just letting you know that Jupiter is no longer a sleepy little town in North Palm Beach county
Old thread...but felt compelled to reply.

Not just snowbirds and tourists, people are moving here in droves, wealthy retired baby boomers mainly with deep pockets also many working age people who don't have a pot to pee in with stars in their eyes thinking South Florida is Utopia and have no good jobs lined up.

Development along Lyons Road in West Boca/Delray just north of Clint Moore and adjacent to 441 is in full swing, these are not cheap homes, starting in the $700s

http://www.glhomes.com/seven-bridges

Most of the area is built out, so the next plan of development is out west of the Acreage. Traffic will get progressively worse. Not only will the develop cookie cutter style homes and developments, but expect to see gated communities, strip malls and dining, mostly low paying service jobs.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:45 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
THX

Great map! Also in addition to Minto Westlake (4500 homes) and Aventir (3200 homes) properties will be Alton in Palm Beach Gardens. I thought I read that Alton is 1300 homes. So figure 9,000 new homes in the north end of the county. Not counting existing projects or smaller projects.

Sure hope those 9,000 owners have jobs to support that expensive real estate. I do feel bad for the Acreage/Loxahatchee folks as their way of life out in the woods is about to get real crowded.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:29 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
THX

Great map! Also in addition to Minto Westlake (4500 homes) and Aventir (3200 homes) properties will be Alton in Palm Beach Gardens. I thought I read that Alton is 1300 homes. So figure 9,000 new homes in the north end of the county. Not counting existing projects or smaller projects.

Sure hope those 9,000 owners have jobs to support that expensive real estate. I do feel bad for the Acreage/Loxahatchee folks as their way of life out in the woods is about to get real crowded.
I would say that many of the people moving into these developments, high %, would be wealthy baby boomers from the Northeast and Canada looking to retire to the Florida lifestyle. No real big influx of high paying jobs I see to support these developments otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach