Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,366 times

Advertisements

Hi! Okay here is my dilemma.. my husband and I are both from NJ we live in NC now and after he was discharged from the Marine Corps we decided to stay in the state but move further west, we LOVE where we are, schools are amazing which is super important because we have 3 kids 1-9yrs old.. problem is we have no family here and it's getting too lonley and depressing I have a HUGE family and they are split between NJ and Miami.. NJ is not an option and neither is Miami, I have a cousin in West Palm Beach and she says it's great and it's close enough to Miami for me. I'm not reading such great things about the area though.. everything I find is pointing me west to sarasota area.. I would love some input from people who live in the area, I'm concerned about school system and crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 09:28 AM

61 posts, read 122,445 times
I live in Boca. Miami to just north of West Palm Beach is too expensive. Though Boca is nice, the traffic is ridiculous and the price of homes is outrageous. Either go further north of Jupiter or go with your West coast gut!

Old 12-28-2016, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,366 times
I'm reading up on weston or parkland being great areas but cost of renting is outrageous, we like to rent before buying in a new area

Old 12-28-2016, 08:30 PM

387 posts, read 516,319 times
Default Been there' done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybug View Post
Hi! Okay here is my dilemma.. my husband and I are both from NJ we live in NC now and after he was discharged from the Marine Corps we decided to stay in the state but move further west, we LOVE where we are, schools are amazing which is super important because we have 3 kids 1-9yrs old.. problem is we have no family here and it's getting too lonley and depressing I have a HUGE family and they are split between NJ and Miami.. NJ is not an option and neither is Miami, I have a cousin in West Palm Beach and she says it's great and it's close enough to Miami for me. I'm not reading such great things about the area though.. everything I find is pointing me west to sarasota area.. I would love some input from people who live in the area, I'm concerned about school system and crime.
You explained your dilemma very well. I experienced a similar decision years ago, lots of research helped but I came here and looked around that really made the decision.I saw areas online that looked great but seeing them in person was the only way to be sure. In your case Schools are very important so a higher rent might be worth it if the public schools are good.Private schools are a pricey alternative. I like Boca Raton, last I knew the public schools were good and there are apartments nearby. You might pay a bit more but they have year around recreation, beaches,shopping,etc. I like the area east of 95, less traffic although this time of year the Snowbirds have landed adding to more traffic. Also winter rents are higher than year around deals.If able I would suggest a week or so down here, you might be surprised. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,962,634 times
Renting a 2-2 townhouse in Boca will be at minimum $1,400 to $1,500 a month. And traffic is horrendous. It's like up north, all year. West Palm is not a great area. West Boynton is better.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:55 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,854,034 times
The general response to these open ended questions is to get jobs first then find a place to live convenient to work that meets other requirements like schools and recreation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach