Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:00 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,185 times

Advertisements

I've been a member of city data for awhile and don't know if this is the correct forum for this but I'm pulling out all stops. I lost my cat almost 3 weeks ago in Boynton Beach. He's a tuxedo kitty who is mostly black but white on his paws, whiskers, belly, neck etc. He is 15 months old but when I lost him he was very large, 13 pounds. He is an indoor cat and so is very scared. He was last seen in my apartment complex 10 days ago (Could shoot myself for not trying to trap him but was afraid it would freak him out). I think he may be in the Leisureville community since no one has seen him here (I live in the Aventine apt complex) in awhile. I have been a mess since he's been gone. If anyone has seen him or found him please contact me. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 07:40 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,137 times
Sorry about losing your cat, I sent you a private message on another idea on how to advertise him lost or ask on other ideas how to find him.
Have you put up lost kitty flyers in the local grocery stores?
I saw your craigslist ad, I hope you find him, he is a cutie pie.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 AM

Thank you. I got your message and posted on another forum. Yes, I have put flyers at all the local places near me, but someone keeps taking some of them down. I need to go and repost more. Yes, he was a beautiful cat.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:20 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I am so sorry. I know how people bond with their pets. I hope you find it soon. I am not that familiar with FL but where I am from there are humane societies where people drop off lost pets if they find them. Thought may be that would be a place to check. Craigslist is good idea too and I hope people stop taking down the signs.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM

15 posts, read 181,168 times
So sorry about your cat... Hope he finds his way home.

Best of Luck!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM

7 posts, read 38,830 times
Good luck with finding your kitty! We love our animals so

Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Thank you all for your good thoughts. Just wanted to pas this on about Craigs List - I have received all kinds of spam messages and even phone calls about people claiming to have my cat or know someone who does and they have all been scams. Just an hour ago a girl called me from that ad saying someone had placed an ad on craigs list last week asking a small rehoming fee for a cat she found near me. She said the pic showed that the cat looked skinny. When I asked her how she saw the ad she said she was looking for a cat herself and saw it but also saw my ad. She said she was waiting for the person to email her back. Guess what? There WERE no ads on craigs list like that. She is setting me up for a call back to no doubt tell me she's found my cat. I will no longer be placing ads on Craigs List. Actually I think flyers are the best but as I've said, people keep taking them down so I have to constantly repost them. I've been checking the animal control websites and have filed lost reports with them as well. Just wanted to share this info about Craigs List - everyone needs to be really cautious about any responses for ANY ads they place there. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
Thank you all for your good thoughts. Just wanted to pas this on about Craigs List - I have received all kinds of spam messages and even phone calls about people claiming to have my cat or know someone who does and they have all been scams. Just an hour ago a girl called me from that ad saying someone had placed an ad on craigs list last week asking a small rehoming fee for a cat she found near me. She said the pic showed that the cat looked skinny. When I asked her how she saw the ad she said she was looking for a cat herself and saw it but also saw my ad. She said she was waiting for the person to email her back. Guess what? There WERE no ads on craigs list like that. She is setting me up for a call back to no doubt tell me she's found my cat. I will no longer be placing ads on Craigs List. Actually I think flyers are the best but as I've said, people keep taking them down so I have to constantly repost them. I've been checking the animal control websites and have filed lost reports with them as well. Just wanted to share this info about Craigs List - everyone needs to be really cautious about any responses for ANY ads they place there. Thanks.
What an evil world we live in that people would stoop so low.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I am so sorry. That is horrible. You know in the past I used craigslist a lot to sell furniture or get moving or housework help. Well when I moved here I did to get someone to help me with moving in. Anyhow he was so mean and I was so scared. I called my mom shaking and so nervous. It is just too scary now. I hope you are feeling a little better and take care

Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 PM

It IS scary, you're right. Yet, I have received a couple of calls from well meaning people from this ad. I will probably continue to post because I am mistrustful enough not to be taken in but it still hurts my heart that people do this. I paid $50 yesterday to Amber Pet Alert but so far have not received the email they promised. Don't know if they are a scam or not, but I will let people on City Data know. Thanks for your concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach