Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming since u posted this question in the palm beach county forum, that's where u would ideally wanna be?

Sorry, but u may be priced out at $90,000 unless u wanna live in the ghetto.

actually, on second thought, perhaps a house that has been forclosed on, like a short sale might be something you'll wanna look into.

West Palm Beach is largely ghetto except City Place area and Palm Beach proper.

Boynton Beach may be nice for u, Delray Beach might be nice too, however I know Delray beach communities are expensive. Boynton? I'm not quite sure (shore lol). Boca Raton is very nice, however expensive.

I would recommend Deerfield Beach for u guys. Gorgeous beaches, not too far from ft lauderdale, affordable, etc.

U gonna send ur kids to public or private schools? If u can swing it go private, as Deerfield doesnt have the best schools around, not the worst either, but def not all that stellar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I'm assuming since u posted this question in the palm beach county forum, that's where u would ideally wanna be?

Sorry, but u may be priced out at $90,000 unless u wanna live in the ghetto.

actually, on second thought, perhaps a house that has been forclosed on, like a short sale might be something you'll wanna look into.

West Palm Beach is largely ghetto except City Place area and Palm Beach proper.
Yay for misinformatioN!

Cityplace is not ghetto. El Cid is not ghetto. Flamingo Park is not ghetto. The Southend is not ghetto. Southland Park is not ghetto. Monceaux is not ghetto. The better areas of Northwood are not ghetto. Mango Promenade is not ghetto. The Villages are not ghetto. The "western neighborhoods" are not getto: Breakers West is not ghetto. Riverwalk is not ghetto. Ibis is not ghetto. Andros Isle is not ghetto... etc. etc. etc.

Actually, most of ACTUAL (city limits) West Palm Beach (not the unincorporated part) is not ghetto. The ghetto is ghetto, and it's pretty easy to figure out where that is. The problem is that one of the major thoroughfares in WPB runs through that ghetto, so people who are uninformed about the area only get that perspective.

Anyway, this is an old thread. 90k for a house in a good neighborhood is a stretch, but not unattainable, especially for condos. St. Lucie County you could have your pick of houses in that price range.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yay for misinformatioN!

Cityplace is not ghetto. El Cid is not ghetto. Flamingo Park is not ghetto. The Southend is not ghetto. Southland Park is not ghetto. Monceaux is not ghetto. The better areas of Northwood are not ghetto. Mango Promenade is not ghetto. The Villages are not ghetto. The "western neighborhoods" are not getto: Breakers West is not ghetto. Riverwalk is not ghetto. Ibis is not ghetto. Andros Isle is not ghetto... etc. etc. etc.

Actually, most of ACTUAL (city limits) West Palm Beach (not the unincorporated part) is not ghetto. The ghetto is ghetto, and it's pretty easy to figure out where that is. The problem is that one of the major thoroughfares in WPB runs through that ghetto, so people who are uninformed about the area only get that perspective.

Anyway, this is an old thread. 90k for a house in a good neighborhood is a stretch, but not unattainable, especially for condos. St. Lucie County you could have your pick of houses in that price range.
I said "except city place" dont u read?

WPB is mostly ghetto in my opinion.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I said "except city place" dont u read?
The funny thing is, Cityplace is a two block area. If you think "Cityplace" is the only non-ghetto place in the city, you are even more uninformed than you come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69
WPB is mostly ghetto in my opinion.
Nobody begrudges you the opportunity to have an opinion. But it's obvious that you have little to no experience with the residential areas of the city. So, as long as people (and you, first and foremost) recognize that you might not have enough authority or experience to be able to speak intelligently on the subject, then it's all good.

That way, they can gauge your opinion for what it is.... an uninformed one to be taken at face value.

West Palm has its rough areas (tend to be in the north end, bordering Riviera Beach), but it also has its million dollar home neighborhoods, historic districts, gated master planned communities, waterfront estates, million dollar condos and unique homes that have been featured in Architectural Digest, etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The funny thing is, Cityplace is a two block area. If you think "Cityplace" is the only non-ghetto place in the city, you are even more uninformed than you come across.

Nobody begrudges you the opportunity to have an opinion. But it's obvious that you have little to no experience with the residential areas of the city. So, as long as people (and you, first and foremost) recognize that you might not have enough authority or experience to be able to speak intelligently on the subject, then it's all good.

That way, they can gauge your opinion for what it is.... an uninformed one to be taken at face value.

West Palm has its rough areas (tend to be in the north end, bordering Riviera Beach), but it also has its million dollar home neighborhoods, historic districts, gated master planned communities, waterfront estates, million dollar condos and unique homes that have been featured in Architectural Digest, etc.

west palm is ghetto minus "palm beach" island and cityplace...
most places west of 95 outside of the masterplanned gated communities are crap. . maybe we have differing views of whats considered nice and whats not. .

million dollar condos?? *yawn*
along palm beach and downtown perhaps....thats about it.

Forest hill area is trash
belevedere area trash
hypoluxo is crap

boca and delray are nice, but then again thats not wpb.

wellington is booooring and to be honest just plain boring and not all that great---very middle of the road boring suburbioa...whats so nice about that?
master planned gated communities dont count... if one doesnt live in those gated communities one cannot enjoy the "niceness" of it, therefore negating any benefit received by living near or by it.

riviera beach? CRAP

I think my opinion makes u mad....and that amauses me.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 AM

Maybe you should first learn the difference between what is "the city West Palm Beach" (what you made your initial post about), the "village of Wellington," the "town of Palm Beach" and "Palm Beach County," and THEN you can be taken seriously.

Even when discussing whether "Palm Beach County" is "nice" you are STILL off the mark.

Your opinion doesn't make me mad, it makes me shake my ahead due to its ignorant foundation.

What amuses ME though is that someone who holds such stuck up and snobbish opinions says on other threads that they are swimming in debt and "barely scraping by" living a renters bachelor life in Delray. Should you really hold yourself out then as someone who is qualified to opine as to "what is a ghetto or crap area" and "what is nice?" In MY opinion, we should let others better situated make that determination in such a condescending manner. They at least have earned the right to be condescending.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 AM

154 posts, read 388,691 times
you will be out of luck on the 100k beach side, Id rent spend the $1200 a month, go thru your liquid assets, find out its not the dream that you thought and escape!
Do your home work on the area schools as you have kids, do a week long trip down to notice the areas up close and to do this buy a bike at a thrift store to cruise the areas this will get you up close as most areas lack pull up parking,,,
next going to school and lack of work and if you find work low pay due to the dream life style will be a real deal breaker down the road!
Now If you had some major cash, no debt load Id start from Lantana to old Pompano Beach with Delray,Deerfield old great contenders with lots of hidden jewels but again rentals with much higher rates on rent

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,372 times
You have young children, you need to take a look at the census for whatever city you are planning on moving to...I have found that some part of Florida especially around Ft Lauderdale, Boca Raton and other areas near them have a lot of pedophiles and surely you don't want to put your loved ones at risk.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM

554 posts, read 608,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahoganyRapture View Post
You have young children, you need to take a look at the census for whatever city you are planning on moving to...I have found that some part of Florida especially around Ft Lauderdale, Boca Raton and other areas near them have a lot of pedophiles and surely you don't want to put your loved ones at risk.
So ... Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton are full of pedophiles ?

LOL ... this is the most idiotic, ill-informed post I've read in weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach