Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 10,003 times

Advertisements

Lake Worth is great. We live in Parrot Cove, in a wonderful, unique, historic home. We can walk to down town, and I walk down town at night without any problems. The Parrot Cove neighborhood association is great, lots of socials, neighbors are friendly and help out. Home tour is on 3/7, come check it out. [url=http://www.parrotcove.org/]Parrot Cove Neigborhood Association[/url]

We walk to the beach, or the green market at the beach, walk to the library, just walked to the street painting festival this past weekend. We walk to the bars or downtown to get a bite to eat. We walk to the events in Bryant Park too.

Utility Dept. The problems with frequent outages have decreased (I've lived in the City since 1999) but if we had a major storm it would take longer to get the power back on as we don't have the resources of a FPL. Everyone always compares the LW utility bill with FPL and says look how much more expensive it is, but the LW bill includes electric, water, trash, sewer, etc. so it is not an apples to apples comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,143 times
Ehhhhh, it's marginal, Parrot Cove. At Best.
Would probably move if I could get most of my investment in my home back. True, I can walk to a few destinations, including upcoming Publix, but the vibe of the downtown scene is Low Rent.
Bike night on Wednesdayt?? Not bicyles, Motorcycles??? tatoosrus
Not Laid Back as advertised. Artsy, get real. ??

Old 03-04-2010, 02:47 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCStech View Post
Ehhhhh, it's marginal, Parrot Cove. At Best.
Would probably move if I could get most of my investment in my home back. True, I can walk to a few destinations, including upcoming Publix, but the vibe of the downtown scene is Low Rent.
Bike night on Wednesdayt?? Not bicyles, Motorcycles??? tatoosrus
Not Laid Back as advertised. Artsy, get real. ??
So I guess you won't be having your home featured on this Sunday's home tour?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
Can someone please explain to me what "ghetto" means???

Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysecrets98 View Post
Can someone please explain to me what "ghetto" means???
High-crime, low-income.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,743 times
Default Victoria groves is a wonderful neighborhood.

We moved from an a very conservative small town in OHIO four years ago. At first I was a bit tentative about the Shoma gossip But they have put a gate up in the entrance. And have fenced the street off. I never see police. Everything is beautiful kept up after all our hoa is 315 a month. Being next to Shoma hasn't bothered us at all. The apts and town homes when you first go into Shoma are very nice and expensive. Just a few pats were sec 8. We live in a beautiful 4 bedroom home in Victoria groves that we have added a 30,000 pool in . A nd many other renovations. We love it and it's affordable. The school system is fantastic.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Default Victoria groves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmsgirl82 View Post
We moved from an a very conservative small town in OHIO four years ago. At first I was a bit tentative about the Shoma gossip But they have put a gate up in the entrance. And have fenced the street off. I never see police. Everything is beautiful kept up after all our hoa is 315 a month. Being next to Shoma hasn't bothered us at all. The apts and town homes when you first go into Shoma are very nice and expensive. Just a few pats were sec 8. We live in a beautiful 4 bedroom home in Victoria groves that we have added a 30,000 pool in . A nd many other renovations. We love it and it's affordable. The school system is fantastic.
We will be moving to WPB next month and just got back from looking at a home in Victoria Groves. We really liked the house, but I have read and heard the Shoma gossip as well. I was really getting nervous and then saw your post. We loved the area and have heard great things about the schools too. We will have a daughter at Everglades and two boys at the middle school Emerald Cove.

So basically, is this old news and the area has turned around and is it something not be too concerned with? Thanks so much!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
Default shoma

It was builded during a hurricane all they did was cover the tops of the houses that did not have roofs yet with the blue plastic. They say they have an park but there is none. You pay for a gym and pool key but there is no gym the pool has bugs all the time yes they do clean it everyday but I guess because of the trees there is always bugs. You are not allowed to have company because they monitor who comes and goes like you are a prisoner or if you was on section 8 or something and they even get more privacy. So if you call that ghetto then I guess so I have heard people call it a hood with a gate. I have an realtor Friend that says she will not show houses in there because of how they treat people the school everglades elementary is an great !!! School I don't know about Victoria groves I always see it as a nice neighborhood we actually go trick or treating over there

Last edited by tammy28; 09-24-2014 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach