Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:30 AM

2 posts, read 16,397 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband & I are looking to buy within the next couple of months. We want to move a little south in the Boynton/Lake Worth area. We need to be close to the turnpike & especially important is a neighborhood with great schools (our son will be entering elementary next year).

Can anyone tell me where the best neighboorhoods are that may meet this criteria as well as what schools? I could use suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you all very soon, thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,401,837 times
What price range are you looking in? There are a few different neighborhoods, but they can vary depending on the the range you are looking.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 16,397 times
Thanks for asking. Looking for anything below 200s. Small single family home. Just want to be close to the turnpike & near good elementary & middle schools. Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM

Lake Charleston, Smith Farms, Northtree, Winston Trails are a few good ones. This would work well for you just from a quick search. 4/2 on a lake...
RMLS RES Customer No VT Report
If you would like assistance feel free to contact me.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 18,927 times
Right off the turnpike are two communties: Florida Gardens and ATahe Ranchettes. Both areas are zoned for Discovery Key, which as a teacher, is where I would want my kids to go. They are no HOA areas; Ranchettes are cut into minimum of 1 acre lots, if school, being near the turnpike, and having space is what you want, look in those areas.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 PM

152 posts, read 335,446 times
A good option would be right off the Boynton Beach exit, canyon community, it has its own elementary(adjacent) and a middle and high school near by. Also at that intersection Equs and CobbleStoneCreek or stone and all of the prices are very low now, good for you as a buyer

Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floritar View Post
A good option would be right off the Boynton Beach exit, canyon community, it has its own elementary(adjacent) and a middle and high school near by. Also at that intersection Equs and CobbleStoneCreek or stone and all of the prices are very low now, good for you as a buyer
If you see a home in Cobblestone that is questionably low it is because it has Chinese Drywall and needs to be remediated....
Not all homes in there have Chinese Drywall, but if you see a 3600 sqft home for 160k it's not a move in ready home.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 PM

15 posts, read 47,815 times
SKYLINET-Good Advice. There is a lot with Chinese Drywall in Cobblestone and I have heard the townhouse community Briella too....

Lake Charleston (non gated with low HOA), Smith Farm (gated), or Winston Trails would fit your criteria best since you want to be under or in low 200's and the schools are excellent! All beautiful with limited foreclosures since they are older and people weren't buying them up in the boom....

Christa McCauliffe is a fabulous middle school and Park Vista is top rated school with an excellent curriculum. Have stepkids in both schools and all I listed above are in Park Vista High School district. I know the elemenatry schools are good too but don't know much about them. Go onto www.greatschools.com.

I really wouldn't advise that you look in Equus, Cobblestone Creek, or Canyon's since the homes are higher and they are lookingto re-zone the schools in Canyon. Another nice community is greystone in West Boynton and I believe you may find something in your range too. I know they are building a brand new elementary on the premises.

We are in Wellington in Olympia for 8 months now about 2 miles from the Tpke and the schools here are great. We moved down here from NJ. Lots of foreclosures in here, but we are renters and so glad about it! We now have a feel for the overall area and have decided exactly where we want to reside. Highly recommend it if you are undecided! Buying a home is a huge decision!

You'll get the most for your money in the areas I listed. Believe me, I have been looking around for a while.....

Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,515 times
Default looking to rent first

We are planning a move from Texas to the wpb area in July. We are planning to rent for the first yeart until we become more familiar with the area. But it seams to me there are not a lot of homes to rent (in the reasonable $1500 price bracket), only townhomes. Is this a South Florida thing, do most live in townhomes??

Old 05-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Single family homes in that range go quick and are fairly hard for the general public to search for. I only found 2 decent ones in a quick search in the West Boynton/Lake Worth area. There were a couple townhomes that had yards and garages as well. Wouldn't be bad to rent for a year as something temporary until you figure out where you really want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach