Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,404 times

Advertisements

I am moving up here from Tennessee, I work in Baltimore just off 695 about 5 miles south of the 70 exit....I know it is a little bit of a drive but my family and I are used to very country living.....we are gonna be renting a house off Palamino Place in the Spring Valley Subdivision....just wondering if anyone knew of this subdivision and what it is like and also the schools....South Jefferson is the elementary my 2 girls will be attending....thanks in advance....

Last edited by BigNickCSX; 12-23-2010 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:51 AM

423 posts, read 1,237,808 times
Big Nick .... that is one long commute!!!! But I guess that you know that.

My kids all attended South Jefferson elementary and loved every moment of it. We had absolutely no complaints about any of the teachers, we felt that our kids got a good education and that the school provided a good community for them. We moved to WV from NOVA in 2001. My wife researched the schools and everything was good with South Jefferson.

I believe that there are two Spring Valley additions ... I and II ... correct? Spring Valley is located on Summit Point Road only a few miles from South Jefferson. Pembrooke Groves is a nice development, as is Quail Ridge (or Run ... the name changed recently), which is located south of South Jefferson.

You'll be in a development that is "in the country", so it should be peaceful and quiet. Summit Point Motorsports park is only a few miles away, so I would guess that you'll hear that drone during the daylight hours. I live over by Washington High (another awesome school) and I can hear the sound also.

Good luck. Jefferson County is a nice place to live.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,209 times
Default Welcome

I just found this website, so how do you like Spring Valley 1 Dev. so far. Would you happen to have the HOA information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickCSX View Post
I am moving up here from Tennessee, I work in Baltimore just off 695 about 5 miles south of the 70 exit....I know it is a little bit of a drive but my family and I are used to very country living.....we are gonna be renting a house off Palamino Place in the Spring Valley Subdivision....just wondering if anyone knew of this subdivision and what it is like and also the schools....South Jefferson is the elementary my 2 girls will be attending....thanks in advance....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia