Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 10:02 PM

3 posts, read 7,883 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I got a job in wayne near huntingtown. I am wondering how safe is the drive on rt 152 ..i would be glad is someone can suggest me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 07:05 PM

4,993 posts, read 9,008,295 times
The drive down 152 isn't bad. It turns into 5th street as you go into Huntington. The areas off of 5th street in Huntington are very nice and there is also a nice subdivision about a mile from the I-64 exit called Pleasant Valley Estates. If you plan to live downtown and travel into Wayne, you should have an easy drive.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 PM

38 posts, read 76,277 times
I worked in Lavalette, WV between Wayne and Huntington in Wayne Co. I agree with the above post but I would add if there is an accident on RT. 152 be prepared for a long wait.

Also at times during the winter their is a good size hill that gets pretty slick or icy. Just have to take it SLOW.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 PM

thanks bailey i really appreciate your suggestion

Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 PM

thanks for the suggestion

Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 PM

Where are you going to be working in Wayne ?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,599 times
Default looking to move near wayne wva

hi just wondering if anyone can give me some insight on moving to wva near waayne/huntington/hurricane unsure of the terrain weather jobs housing
i work as a nurse in assisted living/alzheimers units what is available and the pay pls reply. should i live in the city or in the country would like to know the ins and outs of both

pls reply to me at russelllynnbremer@yahoo.com

Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 AM

If it were me I would not live in Huntington but outside in the county. Too many taxes such as fees etc. You might consider Wayne county, or across the Ohio River in one of the towns there. Many live in these areas and drive into Huntington/surroundiing area to work. Huntington area is a nice area in my opinion.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 AM

4,993 posts, read 9,008,295 times
I say live in Huntington city limits for the convenience to shopping, restaurants, parks, museums, work etc. You do pay more taxes in the city for fire protection, police, etc. but this is usually offset in cheaper home insurance rates as you get a discount for having this protection. It's also good for piece of mind to know that if you ever do need these services, the firemen, etc are already at the station and ready to go rather than having to drive to the station first and then get to the fire. The way gas prices are as well, the amount of money you would save in gas would also have to be factored in. A 10 minute commute is also more desireable than a 20-30 minute commute one way.

Terrain in the area consists of large flat valleys surrounded by small hills. There aren't really any mountains in the area so no real concerns there. The weather is pretty mild with comfortable Spring and Fall seasons in the 40-60 degree range with Summers in the 80s and Winters typically in the 20-30 degree range. Winters usually have one or two snows of 10" or less with a few dustings which quickly melt. This area definately has the most mild weather in the entire state.

Not sure about pay for nurses but from what I hear it is pretty good as compared to other areas. Here are some links with contact info for a couple of the assisted living facilities in the area. They would probably be able to give you an idea of job openings and pay. Hope this helps.
Tim
http://www.midlandmeadows.com/index.html (broken link)
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...y.304-733-6800
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington