Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone will waste the money on a lawsuit. I have no idea why anyone would want to get married somewhere they werent wanted. This doesn't just apply to gay couple either.

I was married in the church my parents still attend. I did also for many years. I got divorced and moved and it was inconvienent to continue going there.

Some years later I was going to get married again. My wife had been divorced in the past also. Some of the new "leadership" of my parents church was uncomfortable with divorced couples marrying in the church and let it be know. Whatever.

The pastor from when I went there had moved to another church. He was a real good guy and I'm still friends with his daughter. (He passed away a couple years ago). Anyway I went and asked him about marrying us and he was happy to. We had the wedding at his church.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:31 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
that's pretty sad. Biology teaches us it is supposed to be between a male and female.

All of this is simply a public demonstration of rebellion toward our Creator just as the Bible says. Children will suffer from this.. two men aren't designed to be together like this and it's obvious.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:17 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,992,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
that's pretty sad. Biology teaches us it is supposed to be between a male and female.

All of this is simply a public demonstration of rebellion toward our Creator just as the Bible says. Children will suffer from this.. two men aren't designed to be together like this and it's obvious.
I don't believe in your "creator". Not everyone in this country is religious and those that are all have different beliefs. This is a secular country, we have the right of freedom of and FROM religion here and I should have the same state and government rights as heterosexual couples.

Also, as for the "designing" part of it. Well... I'm sure a Google search could help you out on that.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I don't believe in your "creator".
Dont take the bait.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:24 PM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Great post

Marriage is a sacred practice for one man and one woman. The unfortunate thing is, our country has come to accommodate some peoples self struggles, when in fact we should be helping these people identify the need for change. Homosexuality is sin, period! With this same logic, we should accommodate drunkards, murderers, pedophiles, prostitution, and thieves. All sin is equal in the eyes of God, and therefore all should be treated equally. The good news is, God views all sin the same, and homosexuality is no greater sin than any other sin.

God loves everyone, but hates sin. He loves sinners, but hates the acts they do. Everyone has sinned, so we are all equal in that we all have struggles that need to be dealt with.

WV allowing this will ultimately cause our state to suffer even more.

I am not posting this to be a discouragement to anyone or to show hate. In fact, I hope to be an encouragement in that God can help and wants to help with any struggles you have. God has already forgiven us from our sins by the sacrifice Christ made on the cross. We don't even need to clean up our act before hand, he wants us just as we are. Just come to him and repent, confessing Christ as the savior from sin!

West Virginia struggles with sin because we ignored the creator, and so too has our country! We shouldn't be encouraging this, if its actually a struggle that people need help with. We could instead show love and favor to people who struggle with it by helping them identify the problem and then helping them over come it. Don't think for a second that this particular problem can't be fixed, because I know people personally who have overcome it and not are in relationships with females. Of course it was the work of God in their lives, and can only be his work in order to change!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:36 PM

Where you err is in assuming all homosexuals ignore or refuse to believe there is a god. They do not. Now no one made me a spokesperson for them but they are no different than the population at large.

Some believe and some don't.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 PM

537 posts, read 959,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
The unfortunate thing is, our country has come to accommodate some peoples self struggles, when in fact we should be helping these people identify the need for change.
OK, I will help you identify your need for change. You need to give up on fairy tales and embrace reality.

Quote:
We could instead show love and favor to people who struggle with it by helping them identify the problem and then helping them over come it.
I agree, I work constantly with people afflicted by religion. The problem is that they're taught this nonsense at a very early age, when they're susceptible and innocent and gullible, and it's very hard for them to later break free. But we mustn't give up.

Quote:
Don't think for a second that this particular problem can't be fixed, because I know people personally who have overcome it.
Yes, me too. The number of atheists and agnostics are growing around the world, and every day we advance closer to a cure for religion. I remain hopeful that science and reason will eventually carry the day.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 PM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
^^^ Hey Spunky,

No need to be on the attack. Just because you don't believe in a creator, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. The unfortunate blunder of secularist is that they are just as easily accepting of wrong information from a young age as religious people are. Schools teach evolution in schools and don't give the same credible time in class for the study of creation. The debate isn't one sided, and creation should be given just as much a chance as evolution. Science isn't weighted in any one direction of belief, as creationist and young earth scientist use the same evidence to prove the existence of a creator.

What atheist lack is the acceptance of sin. Are you implying that people don't have struggles? Are you also implying that man and woman weren't specifically designed for each other, and that people of the same sex were designed for each other?

Flaws is something we all face, and homosexuals need to embrace that they are simply struggling with something just as someone would struggle with adultery, drunkenness, or anger. We all have issues to work on, and we all need to try to over come them. Science proves that man and woman are meant to be together and that two people of the same sex weren't. You don't see animals doing things unnatural. That is because humans are different and are held accountable for their actions. Man and Woman were designed for each other, and anything but is simply not natural! What is natural though, is humanities imperfection. Since all people have different struggles, some struggle with homosexuality. One of my personal struggles is bitterness, and God sees it the same as he sees the gay or lesbian. He loves and wants to change me, but hates my sin! Sin can be overcome, so lets help those in need in stead of making their struggles continue to spread.

And in regards to my "religion". Calling something a fairy tale simply because you lack the faith is pretty childish. That would be the same in saying (God doesn't believe in atheist, therefore they do not exist). Atheist can't prove God doesn't exist. I know one thing, according to "secular origins" everything was created from the same event (the big bang THEORY). They want us as a society to believe that life and complexity came from a massive explosion, but they can't believe in the idea of an intelligent designer.

Simply put, man and woman are meant to be married and only them. Marriage is a sacred "religious" exercise that was first ordained by God himself straight from the book of Genesis.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:58 PM

46 posts, read 67,828 times
Oh boy, me thinks that the train is off of the tracks!! All I can say is WOW!! What ever happened to live and let live?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:02 PM

537 posts, read 959,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieclod View Post
What ever happened to live and let live?
That's the problem, in a nutshell. Posts like Chriscross's could be dismissed as simplistic and laughable, but unfortunately views like his are used against homosexuals -- religious folks like him can't simply live and let live. No, homosexuals must be "cured" (what an ignorant insult), marriage must only be between man & woman because that's what his Magic Guy says, etc.

Anyway, you're right, we're off topic, and I'm not going to argue about religion here any more, I'll just add (as a hetero married guy, if that matters) that I'm glad WV's ban on same-sex marriage is history. We just moved a slight notch up on the civilization scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia