Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 02:09 AM

76 posts, read 364,001 times

Advertisements

With my step daughter receiving public assistance. I went with her, trying to help to the Social Service office. I made it very clear we are giving her temporary shelter and not charging her any rent. She got approved for a check, food stamps and medical assistance. Two Social Workers came to my home to check the surroundings, so there was no type of fraud. I told my step daughter she needed some type of income if she was going to apply for low income housing. Unfortunately, her credit score was low and she didn't get approved for the apartment. So since she didn't get the apartment, she felt it was no need to continue getting the cash assistance because they will go after her boyfriend for child support. I should mention her three kids have three different daddies. The boyfriend is the father of the youngest one. My step daughter decided along with the boyfriend that they are moving to Baltimore so this another reason why she canceled the food stamps and medical assistance, and check.

I reminded my stepdaughter of her leaving my home on March 31st and reminded her that the kids have no health insurance and if she's going to Maryland to live, she needs to hurry up and leave West Virginia so she can apply for assistance in Maryland. Well, March 31 is too soon for her to leave because the boyfriend is waiting to start the McDonald's job so he can get a pay stub to take to the apartment in Baltimore. When I tried to give her more time to stay in my home (until May 4th) and put in writing to notarized. Now she won't sign the letter or leave my home. So, I'm going to the courts to have her removed. I told my stepdaughter that her and the boyfriend are full of it because when May 4th comes she's going to want to extend her time in my house and I 'm not having it. Hopefully her mother can talk some sense to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: