Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 12:29 AM

56 posts, read 66,305 times

Advertisements

Pulp Juice and Smoothie Bar is coming soon to the Teays Valley Liberty Square near the new Target.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100090001946217
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 04:42 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times
Target will be opening on Oct 22nd

https://wchstv.com/news/local/grand-...nty-scheduled#

Old 10-09-2023, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Traffic is about to be a nightmare in the area through the holidays, lol. I tried the new Pulp Juice bar a few nights ago, it was very good. They even have some nice food options. Overall a good addition to the area.

Old 12-16-2023, 11:16 PM

Wok'd is now open in Teays Valley/Hurricane. It went in next to Whiskey Taco in the plaza across route 34 from the Hurricane City Park. We have tried it a few times already and love it. Think "Chipotle meets Asian Fusion". I highly recommend the Korean beef with fried rice, and a side of Dim Sum buns.

https://wokdu.com/

Old 02-20-2024, 11:03 AM

Could an new Amazon distribution center be the cause of so much commotion in Frazier's Bottom? I doubt it's Amazon, because their facilities are usually bigger than the proposed 124,000 sq ft. building being dubbed "project Kanawha".

Locals are upset about it, but its not like they don't already have a growing warehouse/industrial area in Frazier's bottom. There's a whole industrial park there with several similar types of businesses. I get that you don't want your rural farm to be surrounded by a big warehouse, but that's been taking place in that area for years now.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/k...f2e7e711e.html

Old 02-21-2024, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Could an new Amazon distribution center be the cause of so much commotion in Frazier's Bottom? I doubt it's Amazon, because their facilities are usually bigger than the proposed 124,000 sq ft. building being dubbed "project Kanawha".

Locals are upset about it, but its not like they don't already have a growing warehouse/industrial area in Frazier's bottom. There's a whole industrial park there with several similar types of businesses. I get that you don't want your rural farm to be surrounded by a big warehouse, but that's been taking place in that area for years now.

I do understand that the locals, especially the farmers are upset at the rapid change taking place in FB, but it's one of the last undeveloped areas with a large swath of flat land in Putnam County. It is inevitable. It's either going to be used for more subdivisions or industry.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaysValleyWV View Post
I do understand that the locals, especially the farmers are upset at the rapid change taking place in FB, but it's one of the last undeveloped areas with a large swath of flat land in Putnam County. It is inevitable. It's either going to be used for more subdivisions or industry.
Unfortunately for the farming communities along the US-35 Corridor, that area will only continue to increase in development. Flat land near a highway is prime real-estate!

With the multiple plants being built in Point Pleasant, I could see Frazier's Bottom looking more like Winfield in the coming years.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:16 PM

926 posts, read 827,510 times
Quote:

Definitely an Amazon Delivery Station, which are typically around 60,000 - 180,0000 sqft depending on the location. If I had to take a guess, it'd probably add ~ 100 jobs ranging from $17 - $28 /hr, which seems typical for them. Amazon delivery in WV is long overdue (outside of the EP, where they do deliver).

If it is a Delivery Station, I imagine Amazon will probably build a much larger Fulfillment Center nearby within maybe a year or 2, and probably another delivery station around Fairmont.

Great news for the area. A rural farm located at a ~ 30-minute halfway point between the state's two largest cities seems unreasonable. If I were the farmers, I would 10000% cash-out on whatever developer eyes my land, and relocate to the rural hillsides of Clay County for another few generations.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:48 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Definitely an Amazon Delivery Station, which are typically around 60,000 - 180,0000 sqft depending on the location. If I had to take a guess, it'd probably add ~ 100 jobs ranging from $17 - $28 /hr, which seems typical for them. Amazondelivery in WV is long overdue (outside of the EP, where they do deliver).

If it is a Delivery Station, I imagine Amazon will probably build a much larger Fulfillment Center nearby within maybe a year or 2, and probably another delivery station around Fairmont.

Great news for the area. A rural farm located at a ~ 30-minute halfway point between the state's two largest cities seems unreasonable. If I were the farmers, I would 10000% cash-out on whatever developer eyes my land, and relocate to the rural hillsides of Clay County for another few generations.
Wait, really? You mean you can’t get an Amazon package in WV other than the EP, or do you just mean Amazon delivery as far as physical infrastructure (warehouses, trucks, delivery stations, etc.)?

In the EP, all of the trucks come in from Maryland currently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they added a warehouse along I-81 in Berkeley County.

Old 03-07-2024, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Wait, really? You mean you can’t get an Amazon package in WV other than the EP, or do you just mean Amazon delivery as far as physical infrastructure (warehouses, trucks, delivery stations, etc.)?

In the EP, all of the trucks come in from Maryland currently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they added a warehouse along I-81 in Berkeley County.
I believe he is referring to actual Amazon vans, rather than Amazon being delivered via mail and UPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia