Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,883,540 times

Advertisements

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100243635&Gt1=31036
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM

6,079 posts, read 9,110,796 times
I thought beaver, wv had numero uno???

Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 AM

130 posts, read 367,906 times
Walgreen's is indeed a great place to go, next to CVS. Rite-Aid and Walmart's Pharmacies just aren't cutting it. The rude service, the long wait times, pricey drugs...ugh. Before we moved back home from Missouri - that's all I used was Walgreen's. Very happy that they are coming back. Of course, the one in Hurricane is taking awhile to be built...

Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 AM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westvissouri View Post
Walgreen's is indeed a great place to go, next to CVS. Rite-Aid and Walmart's Pharmacies just aren't cutting it. The rude service, the long wait times, pricey drugs...ugh. Before we moved back home from Missouri - that's all I used was Walgreen's. Very happy that they are coming back. Of course, the one in Hurricane is taking awhile to be built...
The specific chain doesn't matter. They are all run roughly the same way. All retail pharmacies treat their pharmacists like dogs...and that sometimes gets projected outwards towards customers...er, I mean patients. I interned at Kroger for 2.5 years. That's all I needed to know that I want nothing at all to do with them. I got into clinical pharmacy and I have a comfy hospital job. It takes a madman to want to do retail pharmacy. That or a person that wants to get paid as retail pharmacists make an obscene amount of money...but those people are essentially whores.

Want some real advice? Avoid every chain pharmacy there is. Their pharmacists do not get lunch breaks, work 12+ hours straight, don't get enough help, work in an environment where its all about money, money, money and a corporate stooge decides how they practice rather than the person that went to school for seven years....it's ridiculous.

Find an independent pharmacy or a Medicine Shoppe (the Best Western of pharmacies). If you find a good one, you'll get the best patient advocates in the profession because, frankly, they tend to care more as it is THEIR pharmacy.

Honestly, I hate Wags the most. Read into Walgreens now "Power" program. It's an utter embarrassment for the profession.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 AM

my family uses a local drug store called Clendenin Phrmacy. It is the best when it comes to personal care. In a small town where the service is great.
There is a 3 Rite Aids and a CVS all in a short distance, but they still hold true.

I enjoy chain Pharmacies for their convience stores, not their drugs.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,603 times
I hated using Rite Aid for prescriptions, I finally found an Epic pharmacy and loved it and the pharmacist, it was very personable and he knew everyone. I used them for years. Now that I have moved, I have been using Walmart but plan to find another Epic.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:07 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,084 times
bball that is the article I saw yesterday, thanks for adding it, as I did not know how!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM

307 posts, read 692,333 times
Capitalisum!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Yeah for Capitalism!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM

25 posts, read 52,483 times
What you people dont understand is this:

A car that gets 30 MPG that leaves with a full tank of gas from Canton Ohio heading south on I77.
Has no reason to stop, forget about bathroom breaks, will be way into Virginia. So basically WV becomes a blink in the memory. Is that what you want?

Build and create a reason for people to stop and dump money in your state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia