Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2006, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 9,415 times

Advertisements

I just interviewed for a job at one of the hospitals on Eastchester Dr at/around Westchester Square. I'm not familiar with the neighborhoods in the Bronx and would love some insight on how safe this area is. I would be taking the 6 train in and the BX31 bus to the hospital. Also, if getting off work at 8pm, is this area safe enough to take public transportation from/back into the city?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 03:16 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,798,260 times
The area is one of the middle ground in the Bronx. Go West and South and the areas start to get very shaddy very quickly. Go East and North and the areas slowly get more residential, middle class, and less dense.

The area has it's problems, but it is a lot better then neighboring Parkchester and it's industrial to the south. There are prostitutes around Westchester Square, usually just south of the train station. The area is also increasingly becoming Latino and Black, Whites are a minority in the area.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 9,318 times
Default visit http://www.parkchesterinfo.com for more information about Parkchester, Bronx, New York

Visit THE PARKCHESTER INFORMATION NETWORK, at http://www.parkchesterinfo.com to experience Parkchester, Bronx, New York in a way you haven't before.

- sell your old, unwanted stuff to local residents
- post and read announcements of events happening locally
- listen to what residents and prospective residents have to say about the area

http://www.parkchesterinfo.com

Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 PM

242 posts, read 926,846 times
westchester square is pretty shabby, but seems relatively safe. Theres an express bus to midtown that stops on morris park ave between jacobi and einstein hospitals, i think it runs until around 11.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 91,238 times
Its the M10A bus http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/busco/schedules/bxm10cur.pdf (broken link)
and stops at Morris Park and Eastchester. It runs on a tight schedule so you must be there. The fare is $5.00 one way and it doesn't take dollar bills.

I come by Westchester square but not after 6:30, so its not to bad. There is alot of activity and lots of buses. I haven't seen alot of police patroling though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: