Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM

4 posts, read 11,499 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
Due to a job transfer my husband and I recently moved from Atlanta,GA to NY. We will both be working in Westchester (Rye Brook and Tarrytown). It`s been so hard to find an apartment in New York when you have a dog, a limited budget ($1250.00 for 1BDR) and 2 cars (even if we want to pay extra for parking spot, there is no availability).
We have been searching for weeks and finally we found one on 2 Berkeley Avenue with Broadway, 10705 (I think the area is called Park Hills? and it`s very close to Riverdale,Bronx).
I`ve been searching about the area and I`ve been seeing a lot of negative feedback in terms of safety, however lots of the opinions were made years ago. I will be working until late night (12am) and that`s my main concern: coming back home, parking on the street and walking home. Safety in general.
Anyone, please share your thoughts about living in that specific area. During the day, it seems to be very nice and calm, nice houses behind my building, going a little further on Broadway parks with kids playing....etc.
We are in a budget, but if this area is really terrible how people are saying, I might just not sign the agreement on Monday. I appreciate sharing your thoughts with me. Tks

Last edited by vani80; 04-13-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 PM

10 posts, read 10,989 times
Not a great area. If you are coming home that late - u need a safer parking option. Try North Riverdale - maybe even a private house rental - i.e. 1st floor of a three family house. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 AM

133 posts, read 249,343 times
I used to drive around that area when I was a visiting nurse. I agree with jjre, it is not a great area, especially if you are coming home after midnight, I will not be comfortable parking there. If you park on the street, it may be difficult to find parking close to your apartment. ( not sure at night, because I was only there during the day).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County