Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2019, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,759 times

Advertisements

Hi all - my husband and I are looking at potentially moving to northern New Rochelle (around Bonnie Crest neighborhood) and have been trying to gauge what it's like to commute into Manhattan from New Ro. I know the trains are frequent which is very appealing, but can anyone share their experience with parking at the New Ro station? I know there are some metered spots at the station and others have mentioned a bus that many locals take to the station to avoid having to park all together.

Wondering if anyone would mind sharing how they get to the station, what parking situation is like, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat12 View Post
Hi all - my husband and I are looking at potentially moving to northern New Rochelle (around Bonnie Crest neighborhood) and have been trying to gauge what it's like to commute into Manhattan from New Ro. I know the trains are frequent which is very appealing, but can anyone share their experience with parking at the New Ro station? I know there are some metered spots at the station and others have mentioned a bus that many locals take to the station to avoid having to park all together.

Wondering if anyone would mind sharing how they get to the station, what parking situation is like, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Hi! Yes there is metered parking, but if you're a resident it really pays to get the annual pass (it's 1200.00 for the year I believe). Yeah, 100.00 a month is a bit much, but it's at least covered parking and there is SOME security.

PROS: Convenience, weather protection (so much so that on nights when a lot of snow is predicted, I'll leave my car there and take the bus home so I don't have to shovel/clean off my car/drive in bad weather the next morning and access to downtown (park at the transit center and walk over to New Roc or downtown if that's your desire).

CONS: aside from the cost, there are sometimes....um...sanitary issues with some of the stairwells (please don't ask for details) and with the new traffic patterns driving into and out the transit center can be maddening at rush hour.

Overall I'm glad I pay for the parking. While there are a LOT of buses and they are great....I don't need the extra stress of running to catch a bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: