Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,106 times

Advertisements

We are a multiracial couple looking for a church home in the Asheville area. I am under no pretenses that our relationship is not accepted by all. Just hopeful that after much research on the topic, with no clear answer, that someone can point me in the right direction. As my son will also be joining us, this obviously needs to be a family friendly and safe environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 09:43 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
This might be the ticket;

Jubilee! Home Page

Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,260 times
This group is super tolerant of all people. I've had lots of friends go there. If I didn't already have a faith, I would check them out.

Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Asheville

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM

474 posts, read 840,102 times
We'd love to have you at Grassroots Church. Message me if you'd like more details.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:55 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,352 times
I would be surprised if your family was not excepted at any Asheville church, especially the non-denominational ones. There are many to choose from. Suggest you check online Yellow Pages and other online resources to find the flavor you're looking for. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,701 times
Trinity Presbyterian on Shawnee Trail is an outstanding church. It is a reformed Presbyterian Church and a member of PCA. It is very family friendly and a safe environment that worships the LORD and not membership. If you are looking for a "flavored" church look elsewhere because Trinity is not the flavor of the day. There are several multi-racial couples in the church. The Mrs. and I really miss Trinity and would still be attending if we still lived in Asheville. This church family helped us prepare and have faith that moving across country was GOD lead.

A Brother in Christ,
Eiafjam

http://trinityasheville.com/

Old 09-06-2014, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
Hey JandR2012,

I'm also in a interacial relationship and I'm planning to move to Ashville. Did you find the church you were looking for? I'd love to get some info on your overall experience in Ashville. If you ever have time, could you email me, please, at gingluevents at gmail dot com? Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Are there actually churches that are intolerant of multicultural families????

Old 09-07-2014, 12:31 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,510,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Are there actually churches that are intolerant of multicultural families????
One would hope those type churches are few and far between! Assume Asheville would offer many choices for accepting congregations.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,718 times
Give Biltmore Baptist Church a try for sure! It's a very large church, but the members are Very genuine, authentic followers of Christ. The ground is level at the cross friend. As a member, I can assure you, this body of Christ probably won't even notice that you are multiracial. There are other mixed race families that go there. Truly one of the most loving, welcoming churches of ANY denomination that we've been to. God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina