Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 10:56 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,524 times

Advertisements

My neice and nephew just asked me about good camping spots with kids from Asheville to North Ga. area couple of the kids little. We have not done any kid camping for years so suggestions please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Whoops niece..I before E except after C......I'm not a good speller, can't even follow the rule She asked specifically about playgrounds and activities. Oldster here is clueless as no grans yet so we seek peace and quiet. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM

113 posts, read 276,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
My neice and nephew just asked me about good camping spots with kids from Asheville to North Ga. area couple of the kids little. We have not done any kid camping for years so suggestions please?
We met family and friends several years ago at Black Rock Mountain State Park in northeast GA. That was a good fit for the group (all ages) with a playground for the kids and cabins for the non-tent-campers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
Whoops niece..I before E except after C......I'm not a good speller, can't even follow the rule She asked specifically about playgrounds and activities. Oldster here is clueless as no grans yet so we seek peace and quiet. Thanks.
The "i" before "e" rule is a good rule of thumb, but inexact. Some might get feisty about grammar and spelling but take their complaints in stride.
After all, the English language is weird and can seem foreign even to those of us who've spoken it all our lives.

Opt-Out

Old 09-21-2014, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the lead and reminder that English is a very inconsistent laguage.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:42 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,420 times
Plus one for Black Rock Mountain Park, it's a great place and still close to amenities. Besides the park, trails and overlooks, there is also Black Rock Mountain Lake on a gravel road off of the main road going into the park. Look for the little church on the right as you're going up. The lake is very peaceful and pretty, and people kayak, canoe and fish on it. There's a 8/10 mile loop trail around the lake that has lots of little things that will grab the kids curiosity. If the niece and nephew need a little break, right up the road (441) is the 12 Spies Vineyards. Bring your own lunch, they encourage it, sit on the big back porch, have some local wine (the Traminette is very good!) and let the kids play with the dogs that adopt everyone who arrives.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 PM

2 for2 on Black Rock, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina