Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 PM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiafjam View Post
Seems we are beginning to have a quorum here. I find it quite disturbing that the real estate agents/developers want to continue thinking that they can still operate the same as they have been for the last several years. Look at the real estate office/developers office that was one of the biggest in the area that went under thinking they could continue status quo. I have done lots of research (discounting FOX news/CNN/MSNBC/ and all mainstream news media) and can only come to the conclusion that until we start thinking differently we will continue with the downfall of our economy. We need to stop artificially proping up the real estate values and come to reality.
There is a reason it is called the real estate bubble. Reinflating the values only creates another bubble....and eventual correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
There is a reason it is called the real estate bubble. Reinflating the values only creates another bubble....and eventual correction.
another on the plus side......the bubble has burst, we don't need another one.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 AM

54 posts, read 122,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofga View Post
The last couple requirements pretty much limit your choice--there jsut aren't many places with acreage that are close enough to amenities to walk to them. That said, my gandma used to walk several miles to the closest store so you might be able to do it depending on just how far you want to walk. Realistically though there might be a few places near Weaverville or off Beavedam Rd in N. Asheville. A bicycle or moped/scooter would definitely expand your options and a small car would open up a lot of other areas. So please be a little more specific on this requirement--Larry
It's funny you mentioned Beaverdam Road. I was looking online at a listing there and it mentioned something about sidewalks being put in. There were a lot of trees around the property and it was close enough to walk to town. Since I would use my bike as well, I wouldn't have to be on top of everything. However, it seemed like just a good deal, I thought there might be something wrong with it. Photos can be very deceiving.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 PM

765 posts, read 2,567,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiafjam View Post
another on the plus side......the bubble has burst, we don't need another one.
Bubbles are like recessions, they come, they pop, they come again. In this country we suffer a major recession about every 20-30 years--that's always just long enough for another generation to forget the lessons learned by the last generation. We tighten things up for a few years then we get greedy and let it go again and boom, there we are picking ourselves up off the floor again. Sure would be helpful if folks would actually read history books. What's Churchills's old saying --"those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it". He also had another great one I really love: "you can always count on Americas to do the right thing--once they have tried everything else".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina