Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,198 times

Advertisements

Do you know if Mars Hill and Mills River have nice downtown areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,765,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyJ View Post
Do you know if Mars Hill and Mills River have nice downtown areas?
Weaverville is a perfect small town just 10 minutes north of Asheville.

Town of Weaverville, North Carolina

Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM

184 posts, read 312,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Weaverville is a perfect small town just 10 minutes north of Asheville.

Town of Weaverville, North Carolina

Ill second the vote for Weaverville.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:33 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,765,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachianwx71 View Post
Ill second the vote for Weaverville.
I own a house there and it's really a pretty cool town. Asheville is just minutes away although there really is no need to go there as you have everything that you could want save a movie theatre.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:39 PM

184 posts, read 312,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I own a house there and it's really a pretty cool town. Asheville is just minutes away although there really is no need to go there as you have everything that you could want save a movie theatre.
It truly is a great town to live in. I have been there a handful of times and could picture myself living there. It does have pretty much one would need and yet you still have the big town life and culture in Ashevile. Plus I like Weaverville's location as well

Old 10-28-2015, 12:04 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,542,413 times
I recommend you look at Hendersonville/Flat Rock. Very nice downtown with lots of shopping. 25 miles S. of Downtown Asheville (most of the Asheville shopping is between Hendersonville and Asheville). ~30 miles North of Greenville. South of Highway 40 gets better Winter weather. Hendersonville has more grocery stores for a town of it's size than any I have ever seen. Also top 1000 HS in Hendersonville.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:48 PM

4,793 posts, read 10,626,908 times
ShirleyJ,
My advice is to plug any town place name into the Search This Forum Tab, upper right hand corner,
and read the many full threads of posts on each town/area.

Everyone likes/loves where they 'are'...but a thread full of opins may help and all the town/area info has been asked before, as in recently. Do some reading!
GL, mD

As for Mars Hill/Mills River, neither have what I would call a 'downtown'.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 4,198 times
Thanks everybody!

Old 10-28-2015, 01:35 PM

411 posts, read 615,650 times
The answer to the actual question is:

Mills River doesn't have a downtown. Mars Hill has a very small downtown.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:28 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,568,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyJ View Post
Thanks everybody!

Shirley: Mills River is sort of an extension (rural) of Hendersonville. It is in Henderson County, about 3 miles or so from downtown Hendersonville, and more flat land with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. Some lovely subdivisions and farms; easy access to Rt. 280 and the Interstate, I-26 north and south. When searching for property in this area, try to zero in on the County itself, and then the town(s) or cities. Hendersonville is a very small (cute as a button) city. Flat Rock, for example, is also an extension of Hendersonville, and the border line is about 2 miles from downtown Hendersonville. Having rural areas within easy reach for both Mills River and Flat Rock makes Hendersonville very popular. Also, the other rural areas outside of the City of Hendersonville, are Edneyville to the east, Etowah and Brevard to the west. Lots of nice residential areas to explore for anyone considering Henderson County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina