Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 11:35 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

Congratulations! It's exciting. I know if it were me, I'd like to be near just to watch the construction. It also helps to make sure things are getting done the way you want and in a timely manner. My last house was a new build and this is what I did. I also liked to take pics as it progressed for a keepsake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,520 times
Woohooo congrats to you and Pryde!!!!!

Old 05-30-2017, 04:28 PM

251 posts, read 244,791 times
Congratulations! You are on such an exciting adventure. I'm really happy for you xo

Old 07-13-2017, 03:55 PM

96 posts, read 113,040 times
Update for anyone following.

Our house here in Florida is about to close and we are at the tail end of purging/packing everything. In NC We closed on the land and construction loan about a month ago and while the builder is ready to go, Henderson County is 5-7 weeks out on issuing septic permits. With everything going on here, we don't have much time to worry about it anyway.
We found a great rental in the Fletcher/Hendersonville area and will head up on August 1st, and then finally enjoy ourselves.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:02 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStark View Post

Our house here in Florida is about to close and we are at the tail end of purging/packing everything. In NC We closed on the land and construction loan about a month ago and while the builder is ready to go, Henderson County is 5-7 weeks out on issuing septic permits. With everything going on here, we don't have much time to worry about it anyway.
We found a great rental in the Fletcher/Hendersonville area and will head up on August 1st, and then finally enjoy ourselves.
Thanks for the update. Glad everything is moving in the right direction. What builder did you end up going with?

Old 07-13-2017, 05:05 PM

395 posts, read 462,999 times
Quote:

First, congratulations on the closing of your FL house and having a rental ready to move into in August!
On another note, what is going on in H'ville? 5-7 weeks behind issuing septic permits? And yesterday I went to the H'ville post office on 5th Ave. to find a line of 12 people ahead of me. I ended up leaving and driving to the Mountain Home post office. I had to go to the Transfer Station (garbage dump) anyway, which is pretty close to that post office. Well, when I finally got to the dump, there was a line of about 11 cars and trucks ahead of me, waiting their turn to get weighed, etc. I left, thinking it should be less busy in the morning. Went this morning, only to find the same kind of back-up. It ended up taking 40 minutes there!
Is it that the area is being overrun, or is it just really poor management of late? I have been to the post office often, but have never seen it that busy, except Christmas. I have also been to the dump a few times over the last couple of years (lots of home improvement projects), but have never seen it that backed up. I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Thanks for the update. Glad everything is moving in the right direction. What builder did you end up going with?

Amarx Construction. We liked that they were local to the area with a good reputation and had a floor plan, that with a few minimal changes, really worked for us.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasage View Post
First, congratulations on the closing of your FL house and having a rental ready to move into in August!
On another note, what is going on in H'ville? 5-7 weeks behind issuing septic permits? And yesterday I went to the H'ville post office on 5th Ave. to find a line of 12 people ahead of me. I ended up leaving and driving to the Mountain Home post office. I had to go to the Transfer Station (garbage dump) anyway, which is pretty close to that post office. Well, when I finally got to the dump, there was a line of about 11 cars and trucks ahead of me, waiting their turn to get weighed, etc. I left, thinking it should be less busy in the morning. Went this morning, only to find the same kind of back-up. It ended up taking 40 minutes there!
Is it that the area is being overrun, or is it just really poor management of late? I have been to the post office often, but have never seen it that busy, except Christmas. I have also been to the dump a few times over the last couple of years (lots of home improvement projects), but have never seen it that backed up. I hope it's just a temporary glitch.
The county guy actually called my husband yesterday and said that due to a few employees being out and a few other issues they were just really behind overall, so I wonder if those factors are impacting other county resources. He was very nice and gave us the exact date he planned to go out to the lot.

We actually need to get a post office box in the next week and couldn't decide what location to use, your reply is very timely and may help us make a decision!

Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 PM

156 posts, read 147,596 times
Quote:
Amarx Construction. We liked that they were local to the area with a good reputation and had a floor plan, that with a few minimal changes, really worked for us.
I have had a few conversations with Derek during our due diligence on the land, I liked him.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:17 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasage View Post
I'm luckier than I thought. Up here in Todd I have three P.O.'s within a five mile drive ---- Todd, Deep Gap and Fleetwood. I seldom see a soul --- except for the clerk. The one in Boone is always busy though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina