Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:45 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times

Advertisements

Oh, look, we made it to the front page of ebaumsworld. *slow clap, Asheville* Well done.

Two Police Brutally Beat Black Man Suspected of Jaywalk (Warning: Graphic) - Wtf Video | eBaum's World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 08:52 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
A year and half old 'news'...
Many articles on the follow up, once the vid became public.

The man didn't deserve the beating, imo, and the cops have been charged with the lead cop fired.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:28 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
A year and half old 'news'...
The time stamp on the tape said August 25, 2017.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:15 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Bad arithmetic on my part this morning...my point was it was unnecessary force, and not real recent 'news' and it was widely covered.
But, thanks for the correction.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:21 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
NYC police stopped an epic decades long crime wave by enforcing quality of life and other violations like jay walking. So it’s not wrong and has its merits. It gives officers the opportunity to check for illegal weapons, drugs, and warrants.
The jaywalker in question should have just kept his mouth shut, not run, and not resisted arrest. He probably would have just been given a warning.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:06 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
NYC police stopped an epic decades long crime wave by enforcing quality of life and other violations like jay walking. So it’s not wrong and has its merits. It gives officers the opportunity to check for illegal weapons, drugs, and warrants.
The jaywalker in question should have just kept his mouth shut, not run, and not resisted arrest. He probably would have just been given a warning.
NYC did that with stop and frisk, although I guess "enforcing quality of life" sounds better.

If there is nothing wrong with what happened, why were officers fired?

Old 04-03-2018, 07:17 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
NYC did that with stop and frisk, although I guess "enforcing quality of life" sounds better.

If there is nothing wrong with what happened, why were officers fired?
That’s an easy one. The politicians in this town are owned by liberals who see every cop as the enemy. And every young black man as a victim. Even if that young black man jaywalks and resists arrest.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That’s an easy one. The politicians in this town are owned by liberals who see every cop as the enemy. And every young black man as a victim. Even if that young black man jaywalks and resists arrest.
Arresting the guy isn't the issue. Beating the guy's face in and then gloating over it is.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:28 AM

526 posts, read 460,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Arresting the guy isn't the issue. Beating the guy's face in and then gloating over it is.
Not a big supporter of LEO for my own reasons here, BUT.
This man was questioned for jaywalking so lets forget about if it was deserved or not. Different issue.
Once he resisted and tried to run and fight back what were the cops to do? Just let him run away? Just curious from someone who has been detained more then once against every law ever written what was the LEO supposed to do with a violent fighting person?
As far as gloating that's what these idiot cops do. After about a dozen swat took me down while on a ladder with a paint brush in my hand the pounced, kneed me then spit on me and yelled in my face like a rabid dog and then dragged me around so I've been there, oh then they denied everything and claimed to be boy scouts.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:19 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
And then there's this: The truth about Donald Trump's claims of stop-and-frisk - Business Insider
https://www.theatlantic.com/national...-safer/359666/
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...s-to-drop.-Why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: