Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 11:52 AM

355 posts, read 226,154 times

Advertisements

We'll have to rename Mount Mitchell, too

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 02:13 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,055,843 times
I think what people need to realize is that people can do both good and bad and some separation needs to occur or we will spend all of our waking hours wiping out historical achievements.

Should we wipe out all of OJ's records and achievements because of his dark past? Of course not!

We have wiped out all of Lance Armstrongs records because of his performance enhancing drug use, yet let other confirmed drug users retain their past.. screwy for sure. Where do you draw lines in the forever shifting sands of public opinion.

Ali refused to serve in the military, because the Vietcong didn't do anything to him and he was non-violent in his beliefs. Tell that story to Joe Frazier and a host of other heavyweights where he plied his trade with passion and skill.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:21 PM

902 posts, read 808,786 times
I have a hard time taking folks seriously these days about their feelings on historical monuments and such when the same people are out there walking off cliffs while playing Pokiemon Go and treating the history of this great country of ours as their doormat now. Such a joke.

Fact is the reason why folks of all colors have the freedoms they do now and the right to express their opinions is because of the history and people that they now hate so much and take for granted so easily now.

I personally don’t care a bit so tear down all of the historical monuments, rename everything that offends you, defund the police and let a new order of lawlessness, misinformation and lack of identity take over society. My time here on earth isn’t forever so have at it as you’ll have to answer for this nonsense one day, not me.

Also realize though that if you show up on our doorstep looking for trouble because the police now have their hands tied and can’t / won’t respond, we won’t ask any questions or hesitate before putting a hole in your chest.

Guess that’s what they call progress and moving forward these days.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 07-21-2020 at 07:43 PM..

Old 08-03-2020, 06:56 PM

11 posts, read 8,964 times
Elisha Mitchell (August 19, 1793 – June 27, 1857), was an American educator, geologist and Presbyterian minister.
He lived in a time when slavery was legal and accepted, but that means nothing to the SJW PC crowd. Not only a 'racist', but a Christian, too! His history must be erased to asuage and soothe the offended.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:57 AM

411 posts, read 614,856 times
Did anyone bother to read the article? Probably not.

It’s a group of birdwatchers, for crying out loud. They’re not erasing history by changing the name of the group.

Last edited by Susieisanartist; 08-05-2020 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-05-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieisanartist View Post
Did anyone bother to read the article? Probably not.

It’s a group of birdwatchers, for crying out loud. They’re not erasing history by changing the name of the group.
For now!!

Old 08-05-2020, 12:58 PM

You’re so right. We had better keep an eye on those shifty birdwatchers. Today they’re only changing the name of their own group, but tomorrow they’ll be coming for me and demanding I change the name of my Joshua John Ward Underwater Basket Weaving Club.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieisanartist View Post
You’re so right. We had better keep an eye on those shifty birdwatchers. Today they’re only changing the name of their own group, but tomorrow they’ll be coming for me and demanding I change the name of my Joshua John Ward Underwater Basket Weaving Club.
Well of course, I'm glad you see it too! You know members of that society are always covering their eyes with those binoculars so you can't tell which of them are watching you.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: