Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 04:33 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times

Advertisements

MD,
Thanks for keeping the QC thread popping to the top.
Ah, also, thanks for the humor..... dork...yeah, right.

The problem is we are all DORKS as we begin to join the crowd on the tiny over-the-hill precipice trying not to be the first one pushed over.

Checking your hair in the picture reminded me its time for my weekly buzz, so the flies have a place to land during my afternoon naps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 07:44 PM

644 posts, read 670,686 times
Well THAT was a blast from the past mD! I don't even remember that pic being taken.

I've also tried contacting QC with no response. Went so far as to search death notices for the state and the name had hits but not for her.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:28 AM

4,791 posts, read 10,613,723 times
DLM2000,

Thanks, and glad that I dug it out of my umptyseven thousand pic folders...they are decently labelled.
My CEO, Veronica, took the pic.
Wish the whole gang that day would have stood for the photo...

I have also Googled B, but no luck.

None of us escape, but B was a v good person, imo.

Hope you and your Fam are well, staying safe & dodging TheCooties.
GL, mD

Old 03-07-2021, 08:13 AM

902 posts, read 808,601 times
QC is / was a very nice person who provided real insight on the region and could see past her personal differences with those here while still forming good relationships with them. Her overall class and insight on the area (and those on the forum) was invaluable to us.

When we first joined she contacted us personally to say hello, get to know us and our family personally (even our dog) and we stayed friends as the years went by. She gave us “the heads up” on certain posters here that we’ve found to be 100% spot on, for no other reason than to make our experience here more pleasant.

We got to know her personally too and really enjoyed her insight and conversations. She was a true class act that we dearly miss, and hope she is doing better wherever she may be.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:26 PM

2,598 posts, read 2,290,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
+ Another here...
No response from Ms Betty, via DM or email.
I hope she is OK, but my suspicion says not; some of her last posts were looking for Doc(s), and I was aware she had had some previous stuff going on.

A classy lady, who organized our western NC forum lunchola get together several years ago at the Sierra Nevada brewery, where we got the opportunity to meet and put faces with screen names.

Pic from that June 2015 luncheon meet...
A few posters/attendees did not want to 'be in the pic', which I understand.

QC is the lady 3rd from right and I am the dork in the blue shirt, behind her...

I was there, I always shy away from having my picture taken, but now I wish I had.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:47 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,534,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
That’s very sad news. She was so nice to me when I moved to Asheville. She told me to meet her for lunch at The Corner Bakery. When I arrived, several posters from this forum were there to surprise me and welcome me to Asheville. No one had ever done anything like that for me. I was so touched.
Wow, what a great gesture. I have always thought it would be nice to have a "City-Data-Town-Hall Meeting." Put some faces to our handle names, have a few predetermined topics to discuss, and then go home.

Hope QC is okay.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:17 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
I was saddened to find this thread. I don’t know QuilterChick personally but we did connect several years ago after “meeting” on CD. She and I are both from RI and moved to NC around the same time. She moved to the mountains and I moved to the Raleigh area. We found each other in the RI forum and connected. RI is so small, “6 degrees of separation” is not unusual. After chatting back and forth a few times, we found out that QC had purchased her previous home in RI from close friends of mine. I knew that house well! Ultimately, as we lived in different areas and I was still working at that time, we didn’t stay in touch.

Just tonight, I was thinking I hadn’t seen a post from her in a long time…looked up her name and found this thread. Seems it’s been a while with no word and it doesn’t sound like there will be a happy resolution. I just wanted to share my connection. I worked in healthcare (NP in oncology) for many years and have learned just how precious life is.
Peace and health to all. If by chance there is a different outcome, please keep me posted.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:17 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,759 times
I hope Quilter Chick is ok.... I haven't been on in sooooooooooo long. She is the 1st person I was hoping to to reconnect with. Thanks for starting this thread. Hope we find out something positive

Old 10-03-2022, 05:09 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Sadly, I recently found out that Quilter Chick passed away on July 14, 2022. I mentioned in a previous post that we connected on CD given we were both from RI and moved to NC around the same time. We were surprised to learn that Quilter Chick had purchased her previous home in RI from an old friend of mine. Anyway, I recently came across an old email from her with her full name, investigated further and found her obituary. She must have have moved back to RI as her obituary mentioned she passed away in a hospice facility there with her daughters by her side.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:30 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
We see how much she is missed by those of us on CD. Can't imagine how much she is missed by family and lifelong friends.

Rest in Peace QC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina