Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 PM

8 posts, read 21,486 times

Advertisements

The Future of the Henderson County GOP

In the aftermath of the election, the Henderson County Republican Party must choose whether to embrace the limited government message it once espoused, or to continue down the path of excessive spending, out of control growth of government, unconstitutional wars, and attacks on personal liberties.
This County Is As ridged as they come and the school system is in dire need for improvement. Until the GOP wakes up to the issues surrounding the Children and young adults of Henderson county the battle is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 05:26 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,535,268 times
This entire forum is primarily intended to assist people who are in the process of making relocation decisions or need information on an area they may be planning to visit. I respectfully suggest that you take your political soapbox elsewhere.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 PM

Respectfully, Christian Conservatives do not want to live in a community full of Hippys and Rainbows. My agenda has everything to do with the Western North Carolina region and the people who live here. You may want to consider being so quick to judge whether my agenda is hurting your real estate business or if it is what your buyers want? In my opinion Liberty is valuable and ads an insentive to home buyers looking to relocate to this area.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:28 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,535,268 times
Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm in the real estate business????? Not even close. I have no vested interest in Henderson County at all. I'm simply trying to look out for the interests of members of and vistors to this board.

But you know what? You do give another persective to living in Henderson County.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 PM

RoadPony, I will take that as a compliment. My apologies as well. I should have not assumed you were in real estate.

A plug for Bumcombe county as well as other WNC counties is in order. I am a resident of Henderson county and have children in the Henderson county school district. My youngest is involved in soccer and plays for West Henderson highschool. Over the course of the past five years other Henderson county soccer families as well as myself have grown in discourse for the Henderson County Republicans and their lack of interest in the upkeep of the school systems facilities. That coupled with the fact that children and teens in Henderson county have been opted out of any community structured activities. There is a over all lack of interest in creating civics by the Henderson County GOP.
We travel to other counties frequently for soccer tournaments as well participate in social activities offered by those counties. Buncombe county by far exceeds the other WNC counties when it comes to providing activities and arenas for these activities. They have structured youth programs provided by the Democratic majority that far excedes any other county in WNC. Please understand that my political agenda has every thing to do with the Children and young parents of Henderson county and not the retirement community. I would encourage any retirees of Henderson county to become active in supporting Reform of the Henderson County GOP. The younth agenda comes full circle and the lack of youth oriented programs offered to these youth creates a negative effect in the community. Crime, Drug abuse, immorality are rampant due to the lack positive enviroment.
My hat's off to those in Buncombe County who have their priorities straight.

Our Children Should Come First

Old 11-19-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPReform View Post
The Future of the Henderson County GOP

In the aftermath of the election, the Henderson County Republican Party must choose whether to embrace the limited government message it once espoused, or to continue down the path of excessive spending, out of control growth of government, unconstitutional wars, and attacks on personal liberties.
This County Is As ridged as they come and the school system is in dire need for improvement. Until the GOP wakes up to the issues surrounding the Children and young adults of Henderson county the battle is on.
Henderson County GOP Reform has created three web sites

Henderson County Gop-Reform (http://hendersoncountygopreform.ning.com/profile/PMetcalf - broken link)

Henderson County Republican Party/ Republican Liberty Caucus (http://hendersoncountygopreform.ning.com/forum/topics/henderson-county-republican - broken link)

District 11 Republican Party/ Republican Liberty Caucus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina