Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,522 times

Advertisements

ingles isnt a great place to shop all of the employees are hateful is because of the mangers a a bunch of *** holes and it really suck working at somewhere when u cant get along with ur boss might as well find another job but look at the econony u cant find any others jobs thats why ingles employyess are so hateful its because of the mangers they need to redo there mangers jobs all the way to head quaters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 PM

692 posts, read 1,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mward421 View Post
ingles isnt a great place to shop all of the employees are hateful is because of the mangers a a bunch of *** holes and it really suck working at somewhere when u cant get along with ur boss might as well find another job but look at the econony u cant find any others jobs thats why ingles employyess are so hateful its because of the mangers they need to redo there mangers jobs all the way to head quaters
It would be helpful if you learned to spell.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM

765 posts, read 2,568,774 times
Sounds like a frustrated Ingles employee!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:24 PM

33 posts, read 89,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofga View Post
Sounds like a frustrated Ingles employee!
Former employee most likely

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 AM

7 posts, read 17,034 times
Default Give me a Publix!!

What do we have to do to get a Publix here???

Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
I loved Publex and when we lived in CA Safeway was the place to go. The one I went to even had a Starbucks and the prices were great just like Publix.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
I have tried fairvalue,Lowes dislike. Harris Tetter (good but a distance to go) So we go to Ingles or Walmart. Big difference in prices but the Salad bar hubby loves at ingles and the deli section is oK.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 PM

267 posts, read 806,711 times
Publix is one of the very few things I'll miss when we move there, but what a tiny price to pay for getting the heck out of Florida. I've traveled a good amount of states, and I've never visited any grocery store that matches Publix.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:03 PM

1,379 posts, read 3,921,317 times
Ingles depends on the location . . . the one on Beaverdam Rd., for example, is pretty decent. The one in my hood, on the other hand . . . not so much.

But Winn Dixie has to be the all time worst.

Greenlife is excellent, and of course the Grove Corner Market.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Thanks to whoever for the mystery rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I understand your frustration but instead of bringing in a chain from a different state try to get what stores and markets available in the area to carry more organic products. Let Ingles management know of your concern by stopping in their headquarters. Especially since Ingles does provide jobs to Asheville residents not only in it stores but as well as it corporate headquarters.

Instead of being a transplant changing what makes North Carolina the state it is shop what is available like the numerous farmer markets. Remember without jobs or by not buying local you are killing the hand that feeds you and the long term affect is someone loosing their home, farmland, and job.
Here is list of places you can shop.

Sunny Grove on Page Avenue
Ledford Produce on Weaverville Rd
GT Little Farmer Market on Butler Bridge Rd
WNC Farmers Market on Brevard Rd

Black Mountain Tailgate Market
Where: 500 Montreat Rd. (Hwy 9 N. at exit 64 off I-40), yard of UU Congregation. Black Mountain, NC
What: Our market is a seasonal Saturday morning community event. We have an array of vendors, including mostly organic and sustainable growers, of produce, plants and herbs. We have local bakers and other food preparation artisans, with hot coffee and other drinks available. We have several artisans, including pottery and jewelry, and handmade soaps, lotions, candles, and such. We enjoy seeing children play on the lawn while their parents or other adult supervisors shop. Pets are welcome if on a leash, as required by town ordinance. We are there on Saturday mornings, rain or shine.
When:
  • Sat 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

French Broad Food Coop Saturday Tailgate Market
Where: 76 Biltmore Ave. next to the French Broad Food Co-op. Asheville, NC
What: Asheville's original all organic tailgate market, serving Asheville and surrounding communities on Saturday mornings since 1990. You will find freshly picked organic vegetables, fruits, berries, herbs and flower bouquets plus garden, herb and landscaping plants. Local honey, freshly baked breads from a wood fired brick oven, vegan and non-vegan baked treats, eggs, pies, goat cheeses, jams, mushrooms, and locally raised meats. Voted Asheville's Best Tailgate Market for over five years.
When:
  • Sat 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Friday Afternoon Tailgate Market at Greenlife
Where: Greenlife Grocery, just north of the I-240 connector. Located just 1/4 mile north of downtown Ashville. Along the grassy edge of parking lot. Asheville, NC
What: New for the 2006 season, the Friday Afternoon Tailgate Market at Greenlife will feature organically grown garden and landscaping plants, fresh picked produce, blueberries and fruits. Fresh baked breads and desserts. Fresh farm eggs, honey, jams, cut flowers, and other seasonal treats from local, organic/sustainable farms.
When:
  • Fri 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Greenlife Tailgate Market on Wednesday Afternoon
Where: Under the locust trees, next to the parking lot. Asheville, NC
What: We offer a wide variety of sustainably grown vegetables, fruits, berries and plants. You will also find freshly baked treats, goat cheeses, herb and flower bouquets, and fresh fruit preserves. All the produce is local and freshly picked.
When:
  • Wed 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina