Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM

21 posts, read 44,994 times

Advertisements

We are looking into moving to Asheville. My background is public health, health promotion and wellness, nutrition. Any ideas of where to look for jobs in the above fields? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,850,352 times
County government sites would be the best bet, I think. Also state govt, but if you're in Western NC, I don't think there are too many state gov public health jobs in that part of the state.

Go to the county websites for the various counties in the area you're looking at, or to the NC Office of State Personnel job listings. But both state and county govt have been reducing their staffs lately.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:30 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,249,744 times
Asheville has a public health clinic downtown, it's called the Buncombe County Health Department. Could be some of the hospitals here might need a nutritionist, like at Mission Hospitals and the U.S. VA Hospital. The N.C. Employment Security Commission is the group that helps people find jobs and it has a large computer database of jobs in the area that the public can access.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 AM

765 posts, read 2,570,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coverelf View Post
We are looking into moving to Asheville. My background is public health, health promotion and wellness, nutrition. Any ideas of where to look for jobs in the above fields? Thanks

Do you have a degree in this and job experience? As said above there are health clinics and several hospitals in the area. I think most of the govt clinics are in a hiring freeze right now due to the financial crisis but the hospitals are hiring people. Check everywhere though just in case. Same goes for the colleges in the area--they too may need your expertise.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 PM

21 posts, read 44,994 times
Default public health jobs

Thanks for the suggestions. Will keep looking.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
i think at least here welfare and or public health will not be the big employer that they were looking at alot of internet conversion and subcontracting. on the other hand i am seeing nursing booming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina