Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM

33 posts, read 130,589 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Guy! I've been following your threads and I'm happy for you! The house looks beautiful, and Asheville is a beautiful and wonderful place. I wish you much happiness in your new home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

492 posts, read 406,287 times
I'm pleased to see you were successful. Your new home is beautiful!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:04 PM

758 posts, read 2,288,001 times
WHAT! No condolences for the Parkies, who are losing their P.J. party mates??? Hey, after shacking up together for three months, breakin' up is hard to do!!!! (SOB)

But we're HAPPY for them!!!! This great good fortune never happened to a nicer couple! And we're happy for US, too, since we'll all be living less than 15 minutes from one another in our "forever" homes. (We'll keep a set of each other's P.J.s handy.)

P.S. We told 'em so, too--LOL!!!

Jan

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,172 times
Dear Friendlies,
What a RELIEF. And such a pretty home, too, loved that granite in the bathroom. I wonder how your father is doing. Now you can go back to basic "living." I wonder if there's little trails here, there, and yon, maybe even some path up to the Parkway. Seems like a stream was in this picture, but if not, there WILL be one nonetheless, you can't hardly swing a cat without hitting water around here. Pan for gems, you're in the right spot, mostly garnets, but I found me a pink sapphire in a creek. While you got the cash, stick up a couple solar panels, or small yard windmill, or homemade greenhouse lean-to, and all will save on energy. I WISH I could get all the way off the grid. Oh, so many dreams have come true for you two!
GG

Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 PM

756 posts, read 1,654,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Dear Friendlies,
What a RELIEF. And such a pretty home, too, loved that granite in the bathroom. I wonder how your father is doing. Now you can go back to basic "living." I wonder if there's little trails here, there, and yon, maybe even some path up to the Parkway. Seems like a stream was in this picture, but if not, there WILL be one nonetheless, you can't hardly swing a cat without hitting water around here. Pan for gems, you're in the right spot, mostly garnets, but I found me a pink sapphire in a creek. While you got the cash, stick up a couple solar panels, or small yard windmill, or homemade greenhouse lean-to, and all will save on energy. I WISH I could get all the way off the grid. Oh, so many dreams have come true for you two!
GG
My father died April 5. Thanks for thinking of us.

The house is all we wanted and more. The builder put a lot of care into making it a great home. He not only didn't cut corners, he went the extra mile on everything. We met him today and he is a terrific man. He lives down the road (next house down but out of sight because of trees).

The inspection went great today. Next, we have a lot of shopping to do. First come the appliances (refrigerator, freezer, washer, dryer) then other stuff. Have to arrange movers and get a truck for our stuff in storage.

So much work - and I am still singing and dancing.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM

427 posts, read 550,235 times
(knock knock knock)......."Honey, could you see who that is, I'm kind a busy"........Yes, can I help you?"........"Uh, yes, uh, our car broke down, we were hoping that maybe..."Hold on, let me check with my husband.....Guy, these two need some help." ....."Hey, we just moved in, can you get rid of them? Tell 'em to hit the road"....."I'm sorry, just moved in here, were kinda busy now. Sorry."....."Who was it honey, did you recognize them?....."Yeah, those pesky Parkies again" Gathered from Grandpa's "never in a million years" files. Nice going--great looking home!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,172 times
Dear Guy,
I had no idea your father had passed...I must have missed a few posts. God bless you and all your family members. What a loss. Yup, you NEEDED this house, so much turmoil over the last month. Glad you can go to closing and get the keys. Hmmmmmm. Maybe throw a mattress in the car, drive over, open the windows, and sleeeeeeep for a long, long time to the sound of birds and breeze.
GG

Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,613,723 times
GF,
Congrats to you and Mrs.Friendly, on your new house!
Now, the fun/spending part really begins...

What will we all read without the house hunting saga?!
;>)
GL, mD

Sorry to read of your father's passing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: