Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM

11 posts, read 25,247 times

Advertisements

I had about 40 acres mineral rights passed down from family , along with sibblings. I have one producing well, yet i look on ESUR and see at least a 6 other wells on my section line township & range im not getting any pay from. Whats going on? any help would be appreciated/ should i get a lawyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:09 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
I would definitely seek legal counsel. Get someone local....not a newbie imo. There has been a few mentioned, if I can find the threads I'll post here. I can't find the mention of a specific attorney. Here is a search of the N.D. forum regarding mineral rights...There is a thread I started w/ some answers and several others. If this gets deleted...just use the search option in the N.D. or Williston thread. Hope this helps. Good luck http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=39486093

These publications have lots of good information.
NDIC Oil & Gas Division Home Page
The Oil Drum | Discussions about Energy and Our Future
Million Dollar Way (All Bakken All The Time)
RealND.com - The original and largest North Dakota virtual tour website

Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfoge View Post
I had about 40 acres mineral rights passed down from family , along with sibblings. I have one producing well, yet i look on ESUR and see at least a 6 other wells on my section line township & range im not getting any pay from. Whats going on? any help would be appreciated/ should i get a lawyer?
check Bakken Shale - click on bakken discussion group on the right side

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 AM

59 posts, read 138,412 times
There are a number of circumstances where a well can be drilled and producing, but you may not be paid yet. Have you signed any title opinion division orders yet? That is the one piece of information that you need to be sure is correct before you sign. DO NOT sign this document unless you are fully aware of what the net revenue interest stated represents (and you agree with that interest).

The title of a well has to be clear before payments are distributed. Even after a well is complete, it often takes months to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston