Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not condemning for protesting. Condemning for ILLEGALLY striking, saying they are sick when they are obviously not, asking for proof that they are sick knowing that they are not, and finally.....

PROVING ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
They are not striking. They used sick days and personal days to have a civil protest. They have medical excuses from doctors. You aren't a doctor to diagnose anyone and say who is sick or who isn't. You are trying to play the morality monitor because you persoanlly don't agree with their point of view. You can't say they aren't sick or what the doctors "know," as Judge Judy says, that's hearsay.

If you are going to play by the rules and hate on the protestors and attack them on technicalities, people can make the same arguments for them as I just did. So, own up that you just hate their politics and address the real issue: they have a different point of view. So address the politics, not the minutia to get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You are so off.

Nobody is condemning anyone for protesting, that is a right given to us by the Constitution.

We are condemning teachers for shirking their responsibilities to the school children and causing parents to have to miss work. They could have protested after school and on weekends.

We are condemning the doctors not for facilitating it, but for engaging in fraudulent activity and handing out fake doctors' notes. You're supposed to be sick and not go to work, not skip work and then become sick from whatever you did while you were not at work.

We are condemning the Dems not for supporting the protest, but for running away from their jobs, jobs they are being paid to perform by you and me and all the taxpayers of WI.

Moderator cut: tone issue
Andrea,

They missed less than a week of work, chill out. The world hasn't stopped rotating. Life isn't this perfect little thing that can be put in a box. OK, some people's lives were inconvienced for 4 days because a governor with an agenda is trying to take away teacher's rights, but that will cause problems for them for YEARS to come, so get off the high horse about how parents "had" to stay home for a few days, alledgedly, to take care of the kids. How annoying to have to bond with their own kids and not use the schools as a babysitter. That sounds like the real issue based on your tone.

And as I stated before, who are you to rule on the authenticity of a doctor's note? Did you go to Med School? Were you privy to their consultation? Sorry, but that is none of your business about someone's health. Some teachers also took personal days as well, so painting this protest with a broad brush just to conveiently serve your politics is a gross distortion of what is going on.

While you rant and rave about the Democrats and how horrible they are from the comfort of your computer, there are 65,000 people who got off their behind to SUPPORT them. They took the only recourse possible to stop this bill.

If the governor refuses to negotiate or work with both parties, this is what we get, political chaos. And political chaos is better than just rubber stamping every bill that is motivated by special interest and to serve the Repuclican party.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Patient/doctor privilege and, by law, no one else's business!
I deal with the HIPAA law EVERY DAY, and you sir, have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER as to what it applies to.

A physician or group thereof, standing on a street corner aiding and abetting public workers purporting to be out sick while attending public rallies, is committing fraud - as are the workers themselves.

The doctor's role and responsibility is to provide evidentiary support for a worker's claim of being physically unable to perform their duties, this has nothing to do with the HIPAA law, and the doctor's diagnosis is not immune from investigation in fraud claims by the state or federal government.

If you are going to make a claim on a public forum, at least know WTF you are talking about beforehand, or leave these issues to those professionals like myself who do....

The levels at which the public union employees are willing to lower themselves - and have others join them in the toilet - are just unimaginable.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
It's so subjective that you would NEVER be able to hold that up in a court of law.
Not if the doctors were standing at a street corner with pre-produced excuse form letters...

These doctors, if prosecuted, would quickly lose - it is astonishing to be honest that they thought they could do something so clearly fraudulent.

Legally, they are in very hot water if the federal and/or state government opts to investigate and prosecute them, their very licenses are in jeopardy right now.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM

11 posts, read 18,893 times
i originally wrote as "texan considering relocating to wisconsin." i bought a small house in crawford co and will physically move in june. the choice of wisconsin was on behalf of my 21-year old, handicapped and wheelchair-bound youngest son. i picked wisconsin because of its progressive programs on behalf of young adults like mine. he has "special needs."

less than a week after my offer was accepted wisconsin picked a new governor and ousted a respected senator. i was a little apprehensive about my decision. and then, well, we all know what happened in feb and march. i became VERY apprehensive about my ability to care for and protect my son.
so i have followed recent events on the internet for the past two months. wondering if i've made a huge mistake.

i want to thank you wisconsinites (spelling?) for exercising your constitutional rights with peaceful protest. a lot of us in texas have been heartened by the impressive showing in madison. you disagree with government? let them know. not by thuggery but by attempting a polite discourse. too bad you weren't heard by the politicians. but we sure heard you in texas. bravo!

all this by way of saying, if you don't realize by now that fox news lies, and lies openly, then you need to open your eyes. the so-called doctor's notes to "sick" teachers (who were allegedly protesting and NOT home sick), handed out on streetcorners. FOX NEWS WAS THE ORGANIZATION WHO "BROKE" THIS STORY. weren't they the same group who lied about a reporter being assaulted by a "union thug?" gee. too bad the retraction was run in font no bigger than a 3 and ran it at 2 a.m.

you may disagree with the principle of collective bargaining. you may disagree with public workers having the right to organize. but you should agree that the protest remained orderly and nonviolent. and we still have a few rights left under the Bill of Rights.

THANK YOU WISCONSIN. i am proud to be an American and i will be proud to be a wisconsinite.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Dear Wisconsinites!
Let me tell you how proud I am that you've put this state on the map of the world! There is a reason why thuggish Russian government was tight-lipped about the events in Wisconsin - they didn't want their citizens to know about American Labor Unions and the role that they've played, and are still playing in American history. ( I did my part of course spreading information on different political forums)
I am one of the harshest critics of the system of education in US public schools, but I was happy to send my son to stand by his high school teachers during the protest. And if the medical professionals decided to join in and to do their part - more power to them. It's awesome to see people so united for the right cause.

Last edited by erasure; 04-10-2011 at 07:59 PM..

Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Dear Wisconsinites!
Let me tell you how proud I am that you've put this state on the map of the world! There is a reason why thuggish Russian government was tight-lipped about the events in Wisconsin - they didn't want their citizens to know about American Labor Unions and the role that they've played, and are still playing in American history. ( I did my part of course spreading information on different political forums)
I am one of the harshest critics of the system of education in US public schools, but I was happy to send my son to stand by his high school teachers during the protest. And if the medical professionals decided to join in and to do their part - more power to them. It's awesome to see people so united for the right cause.
No medical professional on the planet would openly lie and create false medical forms in order to promote a political agenda. These people are ignorant partisan hacks, not medical professionals.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:13 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
No medical professional on the planet would openly lie and create false medical forms in order to promote a political agenda. These people are ignorant partisan hacks, not medical professionals.
So you consider these doctors to be hacks because they broke the law?
Fair enough.
However other people in Wisconsin consider Walker to be hack, because as politician he was trying to break the law that was keeping this country in balance for the last.... oh 50 years or so, Wisconsin including.
Where one law is broken, there will be another broken as well, and who is a bigger offender becomes a subjective matter.
"Country united people divided" as they say?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Fair enough.
However other people in Wisconsin consider Walker to be hack, because as politician he was trying to break the law that was keeping this country in balance for the last.... oh 50 years or so, Wisconsin including.
Where one law is broken, there will be another broken as well, and who is a bigger offender becomes a subjective matter.
Walker didn't break any laws and union can't even keep themselves in balance much less the country.

No real medical professional would issue fake medical documents to push a political agenda, period.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM

132 posts, read 279,142 times
Quote:
Fair enough.
? what law did Walker break?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin