Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM

8 posts, read 8,656 times

Advertisements

hello me and my wife are thinking bout moving to the oshkosh area we are in our mid 30 i work in factory and she in retail what ive seen online the factory are pretty good out there but then again its online you cant always believe the internet.i would like to know from the locals there if the area is pretty good with factory work and retail.we are moving from Indiana we would like to be out of this state within 2months
also the biggest factor we are looking for is the cost of living there like rentals ($700) yes i know the state has one of the highest taxes there .we love the outdoors also how are the walking trails there how are the people towards transplants im sure there"s more im wanting/needing to know but its been along day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 09:21 PM

143 posts, read 206,901 times
Hi there, many years ago, I moved to Neenah when I was in Junior High and completed High School in Neenah. I don't live there anymore, but I do have family in Neenah, Menasha, and Appleton.

In my opinion, Oshkosh, Neenah-Menasha, and Appleton were geographically close, but definitely different cities. There is industry in all cities (paper, foundry, defense equipment, fire trucks) so you should be able to find a job. Cost of living may be low, but check out the wages of the jobs you are seeking before you jump. And if you like Friday Fish Frys.... you will them for sure!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:45 AM

271 posts, read 257,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwin198472 View Post
hello me and my wife are thinking bout moving to the oshkosh area we are in our mid 30 i work in factory and she in retail what ive seen online the factory are pretty good out there but then again its online you cant always believe the internet.i would like to know from the locals there if the area is pretty good with factory work and retail.we are moving from Indiana we would like to be out of this state within 2months
also the biggest factor we are looking for is the cost of living there like rentals ($700) yes i know the state has one of the highest taxes there .we love the outdoors also how are the walking trails there how are the people towards transplants im sure there"s more im wanting/needing to know but its been along day
I currently live in Appleton and drive to Oshkosh for work. Appleton is more central and offers both factory and retail work. Not sure how much you'd be interested in commuting, but should you end up living in Appleton you're about a 30 minute drive from both Oshkosh and Green Bay which also offers a variety of employment in both areas of factory and retail

Been here 5 years, moved from NYC and loved it immediately. I rented my first place in Kimberly which is a hop, skip and a jump from Appleton and also has factory work as well. Would've stayed there forever but we wanted a dog and pets weren't allowed. Plenty of trails to walk. High Clilff State Park is a 20 minute drive from Kimberly, for $28 you can get an annual pass to all the state parks. Gordon Bulbolz is free and offers 8 miles of walking trails, located right in Appleton. Hartman Creek in Waupaca is a 50 minute drive west and is absolutely beautiful. There's a lot of outdoor places for nature lovers.

Good luck with your move!!

Welcome to Heritage Estates | Heritage Estates

Old 04-07-2018, 11:34 AM

8 posts, read 8,656 times
Default apartments or mobile home rentals

thank you all for your reply i have one other question anyone know of a apartment or mobile home park that rents to people with bad credit seem to me that everyone pulls your credit and wants a person with great credit which we do not have we have great rental referent so if anyone know a places thats easy to rent from thats under $650 a month please reply back or send me a direct message thank you

Old 04-18-2019, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,580 times
Default Rentals to bad credit

You might also want to watch for ads from private owners in the trades. Some of my best places came from them and I didn't always have the best of credit "on paper." Once you are in, simply pay on time in full, be responsible, take care of your new place and you should be fine.

A lot of landlords don't necessarily care whether you have a "520 or an 800 credit score." Good credit is obviously a huge plus, but many of the smarter private landlords usually want to hear what your current or previous landlord has to say. If a person has some dings on their credit report from a credit card, that alone might not necessarily be a deal-breaker. They likely may be more interested that you aren't going to trash the place or have the police there every night with a complaint about you. Plus you will want to ask around about THEM if their reputation can be checked out. Mileage varies on BOTH sides.

Good credit is certainly a big asset and obviously, you will want to do what you can to look better in that department over time. Some (most) actual apartment complexes have their hands tied by their individual company policies. If the rules say "nobody with a score below 670," for example, you may not get accepted. Nothing personal--just their rules. Private landlords tend to be a bit more understanding in some cases, as long as they are convinced you can and will pay on time and in full.

Last edited by Tookeypete; 04-18-2019 at 01:00 PM..

Old 04-25-2019, 03:58 AM

6 posts, read 4,685 times
If you a re e looking to rent in oshkosh cimarron ct is an apartment complex on the Southside of town it is under new management and is also being renovated the rent is 625 with no pets they offer 2 bedroom apartments and townhouses.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:21 AM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times
If you have written referrals from previous landlords with contact information, I think those go a long way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin