Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 PM

7 posts, read 50,845 times

Advertisements

Hey there Wisconsin neighbors! I looking to take my father on a fishing trip somewhere but am stumped on ideas. There are so many to choose from. I'm looking for a cabin with great fishing, lots of drinking, maybe an all inclusive resort. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,606,205 times
I would look at something in the dells. I can't remember the name of the place but I believe it's off county A. Maybe Rivers edge or something like that? I used to fish more often and when I did we would go to the lower river in the dells below the damn. We caught tons of sheepheads, lake sturgeon and some striped bass. I'd really look into the dells. Wausau may even have something on Lake Dubay? Or you could try the St. Croix Riverway in Northwestern WI.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 50,845 times
I thought that the lakes in the Dells where run dry not too long ago? Could be wrong as I don't stay up to date on the news up there. Thanks for the sugestion though....really looking for something a little more un-touristy.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:17 PM

The Lake in the dells or rather in Lake Delton is full again. If your looking for something less touristy go out on a charter on Lake Michigan, that would be pretty fun!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 PM

947 posts, read 2,422,558 times
My husband, son and I rented a cabin in Minocqua this summer, and it was the best time ever. We also rented a fishing boat-cabin came with a canoe. Lake Tomahawk was crazy with northern, small and large mouth bass and rock bass.
Alas, the wall-eye eluded us. But we saw many eagles, loons and herons. Great place to go for a fishing trip.
The cabin we rented from was a private owner, very clean and neat. There are many, many places to check out as far as cabins, resorts and condos in the area.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 PM

5 posts, read 20,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I would look at something in the dells. I can't remember the name of the place but I believe it's off county A. Maybe Rivers edge or something like that? I used to fish more often and when I did we would go to the lower river in the dells below the damn. We caught tons of sheepheads, lake sturgeon and some striped bass. I'd really look into the dells. Wausau may even have something on Lake Dubay? Or you could try the St. Croix Riverway in Northwestern WI.

You realize sheepsheads are bottom feeders right?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreymcgovern12 View Post
You realize sheepsheads are bottom feeders right?
And??? I don't fish to feed myself, I fish for fun. I don't care what I catch. If your trying to imply that they can't be caught then your sadly mistaken.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 AM

947 posts, read 2,422,558 times
You didn't say what time of year you were planning to take him.
When we were in Minocqua, it was early June, right before the town gets busier with tourists. I hear May is a great time to go. I guess it depends on what you want to catch, too.

BTW, this site is cool:
http://www.wifishfinder.com/

Wisconsin Fish Finder.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,687 times
Hayward is nice especially if want to go after the Musky..

Old 10-31-2009, 01:10 PM

279 posts, read 760,171 times
The places with best fishing spots are within a 30 mile radius of Minocqua. There are all kinds of resorts up there, for fishing I wouldn't even consider anywhere else. But I don't like fishing Superior or Lake Michigan, that's not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin