Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 AM

12 posts, read 78,098 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are planning our move for June 2008. I was born in WI, but we've been in CA for 15 years now and my husband is a CA native. We have 3 kids, 6, 4,and 2, and one on the way I am worried that WI may be quite a shock to them (we do visit 1-2 times a year). Right now my older 2 kids play AYSO soccer, gymnastics, horseback riding, and dance. Are there activities like that in the Wausau area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM

537 posts, read 1,939,258 times
Yes there are activities like that in Wausau. A new gymnastic studio just opened and there are a number of dance studios. Our friends use Heidi's. There are also soccer leagues, baseball, hockey etc.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM

12 posts, read 78,098 times
Thanks--that is great to know! My husband (wrongly so I think) has the impression we are moving to the middle of no where and I am trying to show him all the options!! Where can I find info on the soccer and other sports leagues?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:32 PM

537 posts, read 1,939,258 times
WAYSA has a website for their soccer. The Y has a gymanastic program and the new is Elite Central All Stars. It is on Stewart Ave in Wausau. It will also have dance offered there.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,542 times
Default Wausau is not the middle of nowhere

it is a suburb of the middle of nowhere. you gots to go to merrill to get to the middle of nowhere. Wausau is ok. its on the outskirts. they got a library. that is all yer kids need

Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,923 times
Default Elite Central All-Stars

Elite Central All-Stars is a new gym in Wausau, WI. You may want to check it out. They offer cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, ballet, birthday parties, open gyms, etc. for Ages 1-up. This way, you can get your kids all involved at the same gym. Call Elite Central at 845-7500 for more info.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM

158 posts, read 610,232 times
Default kids in Wausau

We just moved here and I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of activities for kids year round. If your kids ski... or would like to try... there is a perfect little ski hill in town with very nice bunny trails. There is also a tubing hill which we LOVED called Sylvan Hill.
My daughter also likes to horse-back ride... and we have had some trouble finding a place that is close enough to pull it off (someone told me to check out Merrill)... but are working on it. Dance is pretty big here, as I understand it. There's the new place someone mentioned (that I am definitely going to check out, by the way) and there is also a place called Busy Bodies (or something like that) that I have heard is great for the kids. As soon as mine get completely over the nasty bugs that have been going around... I'm on it!

There is also a little studio downtown where the kids can paint pottery that is nice. We have been there several times.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 7,842 times
I moved to Wausau 11 years ago from Cleveland, Ohio, and I've grown to really love it. We have 2 young children, and it's a great place for kids. Family friendly activities abound all year, no matter what your interests. We live right across the street from Memorial Park on the Southeast Side, and we make good use of it! There are a number of dance studios in the area, the Y offers all kinds of gymnastics classes, and there are several soccer clubs in the area. The schools are excellent. We're really happy here!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 AM

335 posts, read 1,208,542 times
Shoveling is a great winter activity in the Wausau area. By each child a shovel and some gloves and a hat and they will be busy most of the time, Do not forget to shovel the roof or you will get ice damming.

Cheers and enjoy the weather. It is similiar to California, just about 80 to 120 degrees colder in the winter

Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
Shoveling is a great winter activity in the Wausau area. By each child a shovel and some gloves and a hat and they will be busy most of the time, Do not forget to shovel the roof or you will get ice damming.

Cheers and enjoy the weather. It is similiar to California, just about 80 to 120 degrees colder in the winter
Too funny!

"Right now my older 2 kids play AYSO soccer, gymnastics, horseback riding, and dance. Are there activities like that in the Wausau area?"

There's all those activities and more. Your kids and you will love all the variety of stuff to do here. Very family orientated. If you like skiing, sledding, hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping, water parks etc it's all here. I would say there is just about something for everyone.

Maybe this link can help
Recreation (http://www.ci.wausau.wi.us/recreation.asp - broken link)

Last edited by tet tea; 02-08-2008 at 11:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin