Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

"The sudden changes thst comes out of nowhere and you have to adapt to them which increases your responsibilities but your pay stays the same"

The recent changes at work now has me traveling more and doing more public speaking while stilll having to met the same deadlines. I do have a habit of getting to comfortable with a certain process and then find it difficult to deal with change. So from this point on I have to be ready to exect changes once a new year starts so the company can continue to stay successful. No one is really happy right now but what I have been doing to deal with the changes is reminding myself of certain things

1. I'm still employed
2. the job is 5 mins away
3. still making more money than I was at my last job

So I'm going to continue pulling the GOOD out of any new situation that I may not be to thrilled about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 01:07 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Well I guess it's taking your mind off your OTHER workplace "issues" anyway.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:16 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

1. I'm still employed
2. the job is 5 mins away
3. still making more money than I was at my last job
#1. Imperative.
#2. A Bonus.
#3. Fortunate.

Hope we see better times soon.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
#1. Imperative.
#2. A Bonus.
#3. Fortunate.

Hope we see better times soon.
Yeah it's always something about your job you are not crazy about and for me that is public speaking. Last year I did it 15% of the time bit this year it has increased to 40%

Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
Maybe it will lead to bigger and better things. I loved travelling when I was single, it was lots of fun. Even if you are just travelling around Philly, maybe you'll meet some cool new women who will groove to your lifestyle. Getting out of the office isn't all that bad, it keeps you away from the drama and office gossip. If you are travelling out of Philly that's cool too. Either way, it gives you a way to connect and socialize with other people.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Maybe it will lead to bigger and better things. I loved travelling when I was single, it was lots of fun. Even if you are just travelling around Philly, maybe you'll meet some cool new women who will groove to your lifestyle. Getting out of the office isn't all that bad, it keeps you away from the drama and office gossip. If you are travelling out of Philly that's cool too. Either way, it gives you a way to connect and socialize with other people.
I guess that's another good way of looking at the traveling part

Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Remember what's meant by TVSG concerning traveling is a couple blocks to another work location, not going to another city, state or country where he'll be away from home for days or weeks.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Remember what's meant by TVSG concerning traveling is a couple blocks to another work location, not going to another city, state or country where he'll be away from home for days or weeks.
It's actually outside of philly

Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,299 times
So I guess Grasshopper posts threads here bi-weekly or so? It's good that you are recognizing the good things about your job though.

Anyway, as a single young guy myself, I would actually love to travel more for my job. It would be really cool to just get away from all of the office B.S. a lot more and mingle with new people in the cities I visit. I wouldn't mind going somewhere, helping out the customer during the day, and then get to have fun in the city in the evening. I would totally accept a job like that, at least until I settle down.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah it's always something about your job you are not crazy about and for me that is public speaking. Last year I did it 15% of the time bit this year it has increased to 40%
Public speaking? Good Lord, I hope your oral command of the English language translates better than your writing skills otherwise those recipients of your words will be sitting there scratching their heads in the aftermath wondering exactly what it was you said.

PS: Glad you were able to get this irritant out there. Next topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment