Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,811,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I would not have bought into all the women's lib crap.

I would have spent more time at the tanning salon and on money for my nails and blonde highlights in order to attract the best guy and marry rich. I would have had children.

Then upon the divorce, I could have been set for life.
The only chick who "gets it". Don't forget about the six inch thick pre-nuptial agreement.

A man will marry the best looking women he can afford.
Tight butts get rich husbands.

It's easy to spot a rich guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 AM

278 posts, read 993,786 times
I always made A's in Chemistry and Accounting. I would have gotten a degree in one of those instead.

I got mostly B's and C's in my major.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,444,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
Top 10 College Degrees by Highest Starting Salary

1. Petroleum Engineering $86,220

2. Chemical Engineering $65,142

3. Mining & Mineral Engineering $64,552

4. Computer Science $61,205

5. Computer Engineering $60,879

6. Electrical/Electronics & Communications Engineering $59,074

7. Mechanical Engineering $58,392

8. Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering $57,734

9. Aerospace/Aeronautical/ Astronautical Engineering $57,231

10. Information Sciences & Systems $54,038
Chemical engineering is not chemistry. It is engineering with some chemistry classes for background. The starting salary for a chemist with a BS is in the low to mid 30K's. Those who manage to transition to other careers do better though.

I probably would have gone to pharm school or just majored in accounting. Just science or science grad degree = wasted time and money.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 AM

219 posts, read 562,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The only chick who "gets it". Don't forget about the six inch thick pre-nuptial agreement.

A man will marry the best looking women he can afford.
Tight butts get rich husbands.

It's easy to spot a rich guy.
That's kind of a silly philosophy eh? I'd rather have a wife who genuinely loved me. That fat @*s is worth more dead to that chick than he is alive. Just sayin'. But I understand where you're coming from. Some folks are that insecure, where they truly believe that they need to buy love.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I would have followed my passion instead of what seemed to be secure for life (which proved not to be). I would not have bought into all the women's lib crap.

I would have spent more time at the tanning salon and on money for my nails and blonde highlights in order to attract the best guy and marry rich. I would have had children.

Then upon the divorce, I could have been set for life.
That sounds like a pretty worthless woman to be married to. But if that's how you tally up success, you might be better off working the street corner in the hood. I hear they get paid well. Think Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ideally, it would be interesting to read what you actually did do so for comparison. For example, "I would have majored in finance instead of psychology." or "I would have married Bert, the dashing, romantic, sensitive engineer instead of Ernie, the stiff, closed minded poet."
I think the OP is fishing for specifics answers to his question.

I think he WANTS to read that "I'm a dumb, blonde woman who stupidly majored in art history."

The OP comes across as an egotistical mysoginist. So, the response would ideally continue as such: "Since I'm a woman, and hence too dumb to think for myself, I would go back and play out this role more accurately. Instead of studying art history, I would have gone to the tanning salon more, got a boob job, and got in shape. That way I could rent myself out to the OP so that he could play out his perverse sexual fantasies. But at least he would throw money at me in order to keep me at arms length."

Of course, she'd be omitting this part: "Of course, I would never love the OP. He has a dull personality and still has this stupid Star Wars figurine collection. Eventually, I'd divorce him and get half of all that he owns. And if we had any children, I'd make sure to get a huge helping of child support from him so that I can splurge on luxurious vacations and exotic sports cars. Then, just to spite the OP, I'd go off and travel the world with Eduardo, the romantic pool boy who plays piano and violin and paints exquisite landscapes. I do find artsy guys sexy, after all."

Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,554,911 times
I had an excellent education. Regrets...I wish I had been involved in a youth group in high school. I would have had much clearer direction as a young adult. Instead, I wasted a lot of time, energy and money on trying to find happiness elsewhere. I also would have married earlier. Fortunately, I was blessed with a great spouse. Too bad I didn't meet my spouse when we were younger! We'd have six kids by now.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 PM

191 posts, read 693,386 times
I think I agree with Svatos about working too hard. When I was in high school I worked so hard because I thought it was the most important thing in my life to get good grades so I could get into an awesome school. Well, I ended up going to a 'decent' state school, and once accepted, all my work from high school would never be questioned again. Now in college, I think getting awesome grades is the most important thing in life. Once I get my first job I will probably realize all my effort was wasted...

Another thing I sorta regret is not doing Navy rotc. Could have went to school for free and seen the world. Oh well.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,640,000 times
The one thing I'd done differently is not let the first girl I really cared for get away. We met in the 12th grade and, like an idiot I just took her for granted for the next three yrs and she finally left me for someone else. Don't blame her at all. For a number of years I kicked myself in the backside, but moved on and .....

..... ended up marrying (and divorcing) Rosemary's Baby.

Recently, I heard through a friend that she's also divorced so I will be getting in touch with her in the near future. We did connect again at our 20th high school reunion and hit it off quite well. We were both still married at the time.

Other than that, not much I'd like to do over.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 AM

520 posts, read 1,007,374 times
I would not have transferred from the private school I was attending, for my senior year, and go to the public school I went to (didn't really develop bonds and prom no desire for the prom).

I would have gone away to school - I wanted to go to NC State - and lived on campus to get the full college experience.

I would have been more active in Internships for corporations while @ in college.

I would have lived in another state (hopefully that would have been Raleigh/Durham, NC area) as opposed to being in the same location I have been for all of my life.

I would have liked to been more of a risk taker and started a business right after college as opposed to becoming a cubicle wh--e, getting addicted to a certain lifestyle and now not able to step out and take the risks I could have/should have before getting sucked into capitalism.

NOTE: I would not give up the wife and 2 wonderful kids that I have, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment