Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM

229 posts, read 573,863 times

Advertisements

We all have the mandatory 3 month interview. Relax a little bit. If the mistakes are broght up say, yes, I learned a lot from that. Have dedicated myself to become aware and concentrate on the doing the correct thing.

Keep in mind - EVERYONE makes mistakes. That is how we learn. I am in a position now, where at first I apologized for doing things slower and the supervisor told me, I would be worried if you did it quickly as it is complex with many steps. So what I thought was a negative, was in reality, a positive in her eyes.

Admit your mistakes if they are brought up and show how you have improved in that area. And good luck. Just remember - you have to have a 3 month and a 6 month and then a year. After that it is usually 6 months and a year but you will always have these interviews. It is mandatory and keeps you and your supervisor in touch with how you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Some companies get rid of people on day 89 no matter what, but they will tell you it's performance. They really don't want a perm employee.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 PM

229 posts, read 573,863 times
We're trying to give positives, not negatives here. Sorry if you've had some bad experiences but the reality is - no one is hired unless someone sees their potential. And the performance interviews, as dreadful as they may appear, are often positives, not negatives.

If you put your best foot forward, it usually works out just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment