Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of one of my classes at fashion school where everyone was asking me to borrow scissors/glue or best of all a pencil. IT'S A DRAWING CLASS WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A PENCIL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,466,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Kind of a petty rant in my opinion. It's a simply yes or no situation, not a type of situation to waste brain cells on.

It's not petty.... when people are interrupting your work, not doing their own work (since they're busy interrupting yours), and disrupting the work flow, they are taking time and money from the company. I'm at my job to produce and do what needs to be done. I don't like constantly being interrupted because someone needs a napkin, a cup, a pen or something else that they should have in their drawers.

Quote:
originally posted by Alley01
We have a supply closet as well as a supply drawer (filing cabinet) that people can go to so I never am asked for anything. Granted, I don't stockpile anything either. I keep the minimum and stock up when necessary. I must say my pet peeve is how people have to fill up their desk drawers with so many supplies that it doesn't allow others to have the supplies that they need. I mean one pack of post-its should be enough shouldn't it? Do you really need 12 or an entire box of pens when you should be fine with just two at a time?

I personally think that each office employee should have a budget of $50 a year for office supplies. It may have them think twice about keeping track of their supplies and using them responsibly. I never order anything because my stuff lasts - I don't have to hide it, stockpile it or keep track of it. I just don't feel comfortable wasting the budget on supplies when the money could go for more office parties, etc.
I don't get that, either. I've known people in past jobs who would have an entire 12 pack of Post It Notes or boxes of pens, 12 writing pads, etc etc etc in their desk drawer. Why??? The office supply place isn't going out of business. Ridiculous.

About the $50 thing? They would just use all their supplies and then come to you to "borrow" from you. LOL!

Quote:
originally posted by Ohiogirl22
Reminds me of one of my classes at fashion school where everyone was asking me to borrow scissors/glue or best of all a pencil. IT'S A DRAWING CLASS WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A PENCIL?
ROFL!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I don't ask people for stuff like that. I steal it when they aren't looking.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,466,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't ask people for stuff like that. I steal it when they aren't looking.
Hmmmm.... was that you who took my lint roller?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,151,260 times
This post is making me kinda LOL, but not at anyone who posted here. At myself. I had cleaned my desk out and found a bunch post-it's most half used. I've never needed that many and hardly use them, but I honestly didn't know how they kept getting there. Being half used I couldn't put them back in our cabinet, even though they were pefectly fine, so I told my guys that if they need some to let me know. They use them a lot.

So they would come to me when they needed post-it's and my coworker would look at us like "Huh?" til we explained it. I know she thought they were bugging me or that the new guys didn't know where the stuff was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment