Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Did you really think I woul send out 500 test resumes?-lol I only send it to 3 or 4 companies. You should try it
You must admit that your general position in the workplace thus far has hardly been prestigious and, approaching your late 30s, you have no assets unless you count a TV and a computer as such. There is nothing wrong at all with living hand to mouth when you have only yourself to fend for. Nonetheless you keep coming up with some quite nutty ideas which just don't make sense to anyone but you.

I don't understand why anyone of rational mind would even contemplate sending out "fake applications" to companies thinking that if they get a response this automatically means that the accompanying resumé is a winner. Nor change their 'phone number on the basis of just a few unwanted calls. Nor shut off the 'phone's ringer and check for calls either every one or three hours up until 6PM.

A poster earlier on this thread mentioned that based on your latest threads you, "seem to be losing it". That does seem quite obvious and, although you've made it abundantly clear that you want no advice from anyone at all about anything, you really might consider a professional appraisal. A few idiosyncrasies are normal but you've gone quite beyond that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 05:48 AM

819 posts, read 1,592,465 times
Practice dates
Fake applications
Telemarketeer calls
Courtesy calls from Rite Aid

Yep, they're all out to get you. You need some serious (and quick) help. Bless your heart.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:03 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
I meant to say FAKE APPLY which means the job is in a area that I have no interest in working so I just apply to see if they call me for a interview and if they do then I know the resume is ready to be sent to areas of the city I want to work in
You mean locations in the city or the field you want to work in?? Instead of fake applying, why don't you look for a real job? I know you are hoping for a recall, but seriously fake applications??

I feel like I am reading about a human ostrich. You need to get your head out of the sand. Have you talked to your former supervisor this week to see how things are going at your former work site?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
I meant to say FAKE APPLY which means the job is in a area that I have no interest in working so I just apply to see if they call me for a interview and if they do then I know the resume is ready to be sent to areas of the city I want to work in
"Fake apply," would that be simular to another one of your famous moves, the "practice date?"

Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You must admit that your general position in the workplace thus far has hardly been prestigious and, approaching your late 30s, you have no assets unless you count a TV and a computer as such. There is nothing wrong at all with living hand to mouth when you have only yourself to fend for. Nonetheless you keep coming up with some quite nutty ideas which just don't make sense to anyone but you.

I don't understand why anyone of rational mind would even contemplate sending out "fake applications" to companies thinking that if they get a response this automatically means that the accompanying resumé is a winner. Nor change their 'phone number on the basis of just a few unwanted calls. Nor shut off the 'phone's ringer and check for calls either every one or three hours up until 6PM.

A poster earlier on this thread mentioned that based on your latest threads you, "seem to be losing it". That does seem quite obvious and, although you've made it abundantly clear that you want no advice from anyone at all about anything, you really might consider a professional appraisal. A few idiosyncrasies are normal but you've gone quite beyond that.

I'm still sticking wth it

Old 08-26-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
You mean locations in the city or the field you want to work in?? Instead of fake applying, why don't you look for a real job? I know you are hoping for a recall, but seriously fake applications??

I feel like I am reading about a human ostrich. You need to get your head out of the sand. Have you talked to your former supervisor this week to see how things are going at your former work site?

The field I want to work in and I send resumes to the suburbs. And I'm not agressively looking for a job because I expect to be called back in 3 or 4 weeks.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post

I talked to my supervisor yesterday over email and she asked me was I well rested. I think we both know what that means.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
The field I want to work in and I send resumes to the suburbs. And I'm not agressively looking for a job because I expect to be called back in 3 or 4 weeks.

Haha, get real dude. Took me 4 months to get the call back, after they originally told me they were gonna call in a few weeks. Glad I took my job search seriously and had a job lined up long before. Do you believe everything your company tells you? They're getting the best of both worlds. They don't have to pay you, and your clearly available when ever they want you. Your disposable. I think it's time you get serious about this job searching, and no, CD is not effective utilization of your time for job searching, no matter what excuse you make.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
"Fake apply," would that be simular to another one of your famous moves, the "practice date?"
Only if I decided to go on the intervew knowing I wouldn't accept the job if it was offered to me. I did that in past, it was a practice interview and I just wanted to see if my interview skills were strong enough to land a offer. And it was

Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Only if I decided to go on the intervew knowing I wouldn't accept the job if it was offered to me. I did that in past, it was a practice interview and I just wanted to see if my interview skills were strong enough to land a offer. And it was
Why are you here when you should be job searching??? If you want a job, than your full time job needs to be job searching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment