Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,073 times

Advertisements

I never considered antidepressants because they cause weight gain and I don't want to get fat.
I would love anti-anxiety meds, but can't seem to score them because docs are so strict about prescribing them.
Booze is much easier to get hold of. When I used to work, most of the time, the stress and morning aches and pains drove me to the bottle. I used to keep a bottle or flask of hard liquor in a hiding place nearby and often need to get drunk before lunch break. I kept breath mints at my desk. I can be really quiet when drunk, so as long as I covered my bad breath up, I doubt anyone suspected what a drunk I was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
for places that do Drug Testing, Drug Screening, do they discriminate against those who take Anti-Depressants, Anti-Anxiety Meds?
IDK, but they don't screen against prescription sleep meds. I know that from experience.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I can be really quiet when drunk, so as long as I covered my bad breath up, I doubt anyone suspected what a drunk I was.
Spoken like a true alcoholic!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 AM

And now that I no longer work, I only drink once a week to once a month. Go figure.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Here's a question for those with job stress:

Has it ever caused any of you to get constipated? It did that to me when I worked. Now that I stay home, I'm regular. But when I worked, I was annoyed with coworkers who nuked the ladies' room, but also kinda envied them for being able to have a BM at work.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
With these compounds - instead of alterning an unhealthy - stressful and for all intent - stupid and evil environment - You alter the person instead, makes no sense and is an insult and attack on humanity at large - There is no such thing as a happy pill - or a pill that will remove remorse or common guilt - Big pharma give it a good try but to no avial...For instance I personally know of two cases where a very old man and a very young man were taking Prozac - the old man hung himself - the young man - cut his wrists and wandered into the woods to die of hypothermia.

I have no faith in these things..The brain is so complex that modern science does a hit and miss with these medications.

In the old days they had these highly addictive tranquilizers - like pheonbarbatol...and the slightly newer one - Valium...at least you got some pleasure out of these compounds..and sometimes a problem with addiction - but they did not make you crazy. There was an opiate type effect with older medications..they lulled you into a state of comfort..kind of a sleepy sort of deal.

New medications are different - what they do - IF you have a problem dealing with the world around you because of your intelligence level or you general state of awareness - is they lower the I Q..they make you slightly more stupid..thus you can cope and continue to be abused by the the environ of modern barbarism..It is a stupid pill....and taking such a thing does not assist in the undertaking of changing the world - the world gets worse...and in time you get worse.

Sometime I wonder about our judicary and politicans - who are on anti-depressants...part of the way they work is they limit your ability to feel remorse or regret...so a judge or a politican can make a decision that is in-humane...or anti-social...and not feel bad about it.

It would be nice if you knew who and what were on what drug - Remember President Bush senior...He was on a sleeping pill that was later found out to cause phycotic behaviour...great...most powerful office on earth and you got a guy that is no different than a crack addict...NO the answer does not come in a pill...a human being needs a peaceful and safe inviron...good people around them - a clean bed - food....and a loving partner - problem solved.

To medciate the population is like blaming the rape victim for the assualt.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
No. Just don't eat a poppy seed bagel.
yeah because I took my Drug Testing for Target last week, literally 9 days ago and still no response yet, my orientation has gotten delayed

Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,026,719 times
It's all relative. How many pills would you need if you were unemployed? But then you couldn't afford them and you would have to watch them repo your car and put you out of your house without chemical enhancement.

And yeah, I've day dreamed about driving into the bridge embankment too. But I'll never do it because I do have a life outside of the crappy job. And I know with my luck, I would just be severely injured and disabled for the rest of my life.

I just plod on and keep on looking for something decent.

Last edited by yellowsnow; 10-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: added

Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
The only people I've ever met who have need medication for mental issues are the homeless people I worked with at a homeless shelter.This idea that America is over medicated speaks of paranoia. I have no problem with people taking medication to deal with anxiety and stress. After all what I say and think will not solve these people's problems.
I do not see how these people taking their medications is effecting your lives. In fact I think these people are doing you all a favor by taking their medications. Unless you want to see someone suffer a nervous breakdown at the workplace.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 AM

12 posts, read 19,455 times
We try to keep our jobs no matter what. It's not easy looking for work while you're working. Being exhausted just from the mental trauma is enough to make anyone take a pill. So we go on and keep the job no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment