Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,078,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Would you consider the job if it were closer to your home?
Probably not because I don't have any experience in that type of work. I seen people get canned numerous times over the years because the company depends on them to bring in NEW BUSINESS. And if they are not bringing in new business then there is no jobs for the clients to apply to which means the Business developer is fired-lol

Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM

45,514 posts, read 60,734,312 times
It would be a chance to develop another skill set.

The commute would be a killer though. What's 2 hours on the bus in Philadelphia? A mile and a half or so?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was under the impression that folks needed to contact the staffing agencies daily to let them know that they are ready and available for work?
They prefer that you contact them twice a month because they have so many people to service. So it was nice of her to tell me about the job before she posted it but it just wasn't my background.

When I was on the phone with her I started getting excited and my heart started racing when she was like.."I have this position I think you will be interested in the business development field" But then when I found out what it was I was like"damm:

Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
OMG!! You aren't even giving these places a chance. At least could have checked it out. If the position was indeed impossible, you could legally turned it down if it wasn't reasonable. This is ridiculous how many chances you keep passing by.
There are people out there that are not even getting one call back.

You obviously are waiting for a miracle.
You will regret these decisions.
The job is something I have no experience in. As a Job Developer you are expected to have a LIST of employers that you already have relationships with and start placing people in jobs as soon as you start. So why would I accept a job like that and can't do it and then be back on unemployment?

My background is JOB COUNSELING/INSTRUCTION not JOB DEVELOPMENT

Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 PM

878 posts, read 1,655,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
OMG!! You aren't even giving these places a chance. At least could have checked it out. If the position was indeed impossible, you could legally turned it down if it wasn't reasonable. This is ridiculous how many chances you keep passing by.
There are people out there that are not even getting one call back.

You obviously are waiting for a miracle.
You will regret these decisions.
Be careful what you say... whenever TVSG is called out for his decisions and his feelings get hurt he comes back with "I will report you to a moderator."

Old 03-30-2012, 02:42 PM

45,514 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
Be careful what you say... whenever TVSG is called out for his decisions and his feelings get hurt he comes back with "I will report you to a moderator."

Nice work. He's now going to report you for saying he'll report someone else.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
That's how it's been for any staffing agency I've ever applied with.

Too bad for TVSG that the job isn't closer... Don't blame him for not taking it, I just find it funny that after the "I won't work for $11 an hour" thread he gets a call for a $15 hour job that is 2 hours away.

But hey, at least we'll get another 20 page thread from TVSG.

$15.00 job I have no experience in...."That's the diffference. The $11.00 an hour job was my background

So it looks like I will get a call soon that's in my field for $13.00. Watch, I can feel it

Old 03-30-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It would be a chance to develop another skill set.

The commute would be a killer though. What's 2 hours on the bus in Philadelphia? A mile and a half or so?
2 hours total on the Train and then Bus.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM

831 posts, read 2,828,347 times
Quote:

Yeah I know TVGUY's history of reporting people, but I will not get banned for my opinion, everything I said is true.

TVGuy is gonna be up a creek without a paddle when too much times goes by and the calls stop.

Even if the job isn't what you want, you never know what it can turn into. UI isn't gonna last forever. Life is tough, take what you can, and $15 is decent.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Probably not because I don't have any experience in that type of work. I seen people get canned numerous times over the years because the company depends on them to bring in NEW BUSINESS. And if they are not bringing in new business then there is no jobs for the clients to apply to which means the Business developer is fired-lol
TVSG ... If the company was willing to give you a chance, then why would you be so unwilling to try something new out. Expanding your experiences is what makes you more marketable as an employee not continually doing the same thing over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment