Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 11:25 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

Hi, currently working in a psych unit as a Tech. Job is decent I do a lot more hands on then my precious psych experience taking blood and doing EKGs. I am thinking of going to nursing so looking to move into a night position. I have to go take a month of classes for CNA training to move to night's. Curious any CNAs work and do nursing school full time?

Right now make close to LPN pay the cut will hurt, but in the end will be a nurse I look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
My friend who lives in NC is thinking of the nursing program. You have to have a CNA cert. in order to even apply to the nursing program. I am not sure I would be able to handle working as a CNA and go to Nursing school at the same time . But I haven't worked in over 2 years so ...
I am starting the radiography program this fall and they strongly recommend you not to working because you will be doing 40 hr a week clinical's for 5 of the six semesters.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:02 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,287 times
I was a CNA and it's certainly doable, even more so if you could work part time. I actually did a semester of nursing school and taking my pre req's all while being a CNA. I found a job where I worked 3-12 hr shifts and they paid me for 40 hrs. It was great. Even better working night shift. Such a breeze working night shifts. Feed, bathe some, put to bed, do rounds every 2 hrs and answer call lights. Those were the days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment