Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 11:00 AM

9 posts, read 46,133 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I started a brand new job waitressing at a sports bar last year holiday season. I'm in my early 20s. I was really excited to start this new place and desperate to fit in with all the girls and my supervisors. I have two bosses, a female boss and a male boss, both were very nice and accommodating and very relaxed and casual. We all discuss our personal lives with each other. I noticed my male supervisor kind of getting a little touchy feely with me, but restaurants are pretty informal places where things like that go on so I think nothing of it. Two weeks into the job to make a long story short he gets me trashed while I'm working and we hook up in the restaurant after hours. No sex.

Then I discover from my co-workers that he is married. He doesn't wear a ring and didn't tell me. He tries to get me to hook up with him again several times but I always have an excuse, I'm tired, it's too late, etc. His wife finds out and it was a huge deal, even though she didn't realize the woman he hooked up with was me (long story). She starts hanging around the restaurant more, but after a while relaxes.

Over those months, our relationship changed in that he barely spoke to me and treated me so obviously different than the other girls it was terrible. I thought I was going to quit but eventually got used to it and ignored him. Easier on me, it's all over right? Well, no.

A week ago, I had a problem with a table and it was just me and him working together. Basically I was exhausted from working so much and freaked out, so we had it out. I went downstairs and cried a little came back up. I finished up, we basically sat there drinking not acknowledging each other at all like usual. I'm not going into the details, but after about an hour of drinking and not acknowledging each other we basically brushed into each other and started making out. So we got close again and it was weird after all these months of not speaking to each other at all, except for the essentials. But unbelievably I allowed it to happen again. I just don't understand my own behavior.

Clearly I'm wrong, because a. he's married, b. it's dumb to hook up with your boss but obviously when I am drunk and emotional my judgment is poor, but I don't want to go to back to work at all. This situation is emotionally draining for me and I'm already exhausted from the long hours. I don't know what he wants from me, how he's going to treat me from day to day, etc. I just kind of want him to disappear, or I just need to quit my job, which I don't want to do because I actually enjoy it a lot. I'm strongly attracted to him, but I don't need to hook up with someone that badly that it affects my work life and makes me nervous and on edge. I'd much rather not, but now that I did it again the nonsense is re-started.

Advice?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,386 times
I always thought "hook up" meant sex.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM

I guess we did have sex, no intercourse though, I wouldn't let him.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
How is sex not intercourse?

Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
I'm sorry to sound mean but you seriously need to grow up and take more responsibility for yourself and your actions. Getting drunk and dumber once was bad enough but then instead of telling this manager a firm "NO!" to his advances you fudged around giving him excuses and then landed up in exactly the same situation again. Drunk and double dumber.

If you want to keep this job then pull your socks up, act like a professional, don't discuss your personal business at work with your managers, don't drink and get over this attraction for a married man. There are plenty of single men out there and messing with someone else's husband is low. Not to mention that his own behavior is lower than low and falling for it only demonstrates your own lack of self respect.

If you can't shape up then quit this job and find something else but you're still going to have to work on yourself otherwise the same thing will happen again. Good luck.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 AM

I'm not offended. In addition to drinking too much, I'm weak minded, agreeable and as docile as women come. He's far more emotionally mature than I am and he's pretty intimidating, I stutter often when speaking to him. But even if I didn't drink, I'm always scheduled to close the restaurant and we're often alone together past 2:00 am or later, and he always drinks even if I don't. I guess he'll switch off and be nasty to me again. I really don't see how this can be resolved. I want to not fear going up to him if I need something and communicate with him in a friendly way as needed, but I don't want to hook up with him again. It's hard because I put myself in this mess, but I need a way out at this point, I'm a very nervous person and it's causing me a lot of stress.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 AM

833 posts, read 1,713,531 times
You use the phrase---------" he gets me trashed while I'm working "

That might be true if you were a naive 13 year old.

You are in your 20's.

NOBODY got you trashed except yourself !

Old 05-28-2012, 12:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
Here is what you do...

Act as if nothing happened at first.
Then, during the day, with people around but no one watching, go up to him and grab him by the balls. At first he'll try to get away. This means it's working. Squeeze harder. After he stops resisting...he'll no doubt say something to you in a flustered way. Cut him off mid sentence and say, in a hushed voice, almost guttural "this is why I own you"...

Then walk away.

You'll be his boss in two, three weeks tops.

Remember, it's not who you know, it's who you blow....

Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post

NOBODY got you trashed except yourself !

Yeah, that part I get. It's just an expression. I take responsibility for what I do. If knowledge meant you always did the right thing, there'd be a lot of perfect people out there.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
If you are unable to control yourself (which it appears you aren't) then quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment