Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 PM

13 posts, read 30,402 times

Advertisements

The following job has been posted online and in several local papers.
City manager needed For City Of Spencer Oklahoma. Please read what I have to say and then find all the info you need to apply if interested after you read my letter.I am only letting you know about the job I am not offering the job, I am only a resident of the town and as such believe as a taxpayer it is in my best interest to let as many people as I can know about the opening. Please take this a serious as it is ment to be taken. I care a great deal about my town and all of the wonderful people in my town and that is why I take the time to tell you why if you believe you are ready to make a real difference in the world this just may be the job you were looking for:

I am a resident of Spencer Oklahoma. I am a land owner, a small business owner,a parent,a military wife, member of the Chamber of Commerce, and a past City Council Member. As a family we moved to Spencer because of location. Spencer is located approx. five (5) miles east of Remington Park race track, Tinsletown movie complex, the Omniplex museum and the Oklahoma City Zoo. Spencer is located (6) Six miles North of Tinker AFB. We are ten miles south of Edmond Oklahoma. We are twenty miles NE of the Will Rodgers World Airport and it takes only 13-15 min. to get to downtown Oklahoma City to enjoy a night at the Civic Center, Bricktown, or the world class events that come to the Ford and Cox Convention Center. We have mass transportation to take you to and from locations all across Midwest and Oklahoma City. If you like to golf there are seven(7) courses within ten(10) miles of our city. Within ten miles (10) of Spencer you will find homes being built that are valued over fourhundred and fiftythousand dollars, ($450,000.00) with or without land and those of us with land know how fortunate we are. We have the highest number of nationl and internationl Rodeo people per capita and thus still a lot of horses. Our small town offers churches for everyone at the last count thirtyeight (38), a museum, a garden club and two private schools as well as an elementary school, middle school and a High school all with state report cards that have have had rising grades for the past five years with MAPPS moving into the area. Teachers are paid more; and more classes are offered than surrounding area schools. We are a quiet town often mistaken for the postal mailing area east of Post rd, which is Oklahoma city and County unincorporated. All Spencer residents seem to want the same basic things clean water, clean streets, a safe place for the children, animals not running wild, code enforcement understood, and enforced.We want to enforce our codes, our laws, so that the few people that don't mow, don't require that the rest of us be subjected to West Nile and Lyme Disease, or vast amounts of Spray for the deadly mentioned pests etc. We need someone to promote the benefits of small town living while helping to manage our small town, keeping it clean and livable. We need to be able to see where our tax dollars are going and not just into future investments, but current needs. We must take care of our longtime residents.We need people to know they have value, not just take their money! We need someone who understands that homes and property are not just a place to live they are saving's accounts and often the largest investment most people make in a life time. The residents of our town need a person with a plan who can see the future and not just promise but lead us there . We need someone who understands grants and business's and tourism.This job of being The City manager of Spencer is special. Our town offers every opportunity that the largest city in the nation can offer you .We can't offer that kind of pay yet. However if you were looking just for the money we both would have been disappointed.I can promise you something however, if you come to this town and you don't come for the money and come to make a difference, you will find all that you are looking for and perhaps more. Be it fifteen minutes of fame or a town to retire in and call home and people who will care about you as much as you care about them, thats our town . If you really want purpose, and to change to the lives of others for the better, well I know of 3800 people praying for something, anything. A challenge?Yes.Good people.Yes. This job requires passion!This may be that successful thing you finally do, you never expected to find, that allows you to write that book. When they say "if you built it they will come", this town seems to fit all that is needed to "build it". We have been working on the building, we have a 50 acre park with Rodeo grounds that hold over 5000 people, football fields and baseball fields that sit unfinished waiting for a plan. We have the tools now we need a leader to take us into the future and that future is heading our way.With Oklahoma City growing and is moving our way. We can see it from our back pasture. To still live in what seems like the country and be minutes from the city is a luxury. Please, if you have experience, come out and drive our town. If you have run a company and think you can help give a face lift to a 100 year old town please apply for the posted position of Spencer City Manager. This just may be the purpose you have been searching for. I have posted this so that people will know of our town and know of the position listed. I am not the contact person nor do I have any connection to personal. Follow all direction below to apply. Thank you. Signed a resident in prayer.

Job Information
Job Title: CITY MANAGER
Employer: CITY OF SPENCER

Date: 10-02-2007

Job Description
Description: City Manager City of Spencer seeks to hire an experienced and progressive individual to manage the City and Utility Authority. Experience in municipal government, labor relations, personnel management, economic development, project management, fund management, customer service, public relations, public utilities, working knowledge of cash and encumbrance management is very important. An assessment of reading and writing skills will be conducted as well as a criminal background check. A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred. Salary is negotiable with 100% health and dental benefits offered. Retirement, Cafeteria, Health Reimbursement, and deferred compensation plans are available. Interested parties should mail a cover letter, salary history, and resume to PO Box 660 Spencer, Oklahoma 73084 Attn: Mayor.

Job Information
Job Title: CITY MANAGER
Employer: CITY OF SPENCER

Date: 10-02-2007

Job Description
Description: City Manager City of Spencer seeks to hire an experienced and progressive individual to manage the City and Utility Authority. Experience in municipal government, labor relations, personnel management, economic development, project management, fund management, customer service, public relations, public utilities, working knowledge of cash and encumbrance management is very important. An assessment of reading and writing skills will be conducted as well as a criminal background check. A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred. Salary is negotiable with 100% health and dental benefits offered. Retirement, Cafeteria, Health Reimbursement, and deferred compensation plans are available. Interested parties should mail a cover letter, salary history, and resume to PO Box 660 Spencer, Oklahoma 73084 Attn: Mayor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment