Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,846,958 times

Advertisements

The loser who always plays with his iPhone/iPad and works abbreviated workdays asked me for $100 today. I told him NO and now he is giving me the silent treatment Seriously, this guy is a real piece of work. Unfortunately I am on a job site with no one else besides this bozo until next Friday when our supervisor joins us. It sucks.

Last edited by statisticsnerd; 10-25-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The loser who always plays with his iPhone/iPad and works abbreviated workdays asked me for $100 today. I told him NO and now he is giving me the silent treatment Seriously, this guy is a real piece of work. Unfortunately I am on a job site with no one else besides this bozo until next Friday when our supervisor joins us. It sucks.
Even if you did, sounds like you would never get repaid anyway.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,770 times
Good for you. I hate when someone who spends irresponsbily wants a loan. I'm sure he could get a credit card advance or personal loan from a bank.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
I know its awkward but you will be rewarded for standing up for yourself and saying no.

I had my former sales manager basically ask me to hand over my entire network of people I get leads for sales from and I said no. He was not happy, but I knew he was trying to go around me and cut me out of the picture because there had already been discussions about me being laid off.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
He is your co worker not a family member or close friend. You are also not a bank. Just focus on work and don't get overly stressed because of it. You took the right road avoiding worse drama when he does not pay it back.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM

715 posts, read 1,074,404 times
It may be uncomfortable at first, but you definitely did the right thing. This person is asking you for money probably because he has worn out his welcome with others who know him well.

I had a similar situation with a relative. They know how to talk their way into getting their way with just about anyone. I know his game and when he tried it with me, I basically stopped him before he could finish. I have watched him damn near bankrupt his girlfriend, mooch on his mother for free rent in her apartment building, and use money that should be for his son for his own personal use. He gets a job long enough to go right back on unemployment. He even wanted me to write his resume for him! To this day, he knows when I come around that he gets nothing from me, not even advice (which I used to give) since he won't take it.

I miss no sleep over it and you shouldn't either. Its better to stop it now before he becomes your unwanted dependent.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Good for you! Now he's learning a lesson! 'How To Manage The Money I Earn...I Wonder If There's An iPhone App For That!'

Burns me up when co-workers ask for money. Um...you have the same damn job I do! WTH!?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:29 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,766,083 times
That says a lot about the person you work with and the type of people your employer hires. I've never been worked with a person that just asks for a "loan" like that.

Time for a better job.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:40 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,846,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow
Burns me up when co-workers ask for money. Um...you have the same damn job I do! WTH!?
What's really hilarious is this guy makes about $10k more per year than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
That says a lot about the person you work with and the type of people your employer hires. I've never been worked with a person that just asks for a "loan" like that.

Time for a better job.
Why? I just laugh at his pathetic behavior. It's mildly irritating, but it is far from the worst thing I've had to deal with at a job.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
yell "HELP ATTEMPTED ROBBERY ATTEMPTED ROBBERY POLICE POLICE!!" maybe he'll get the message!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment