Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
You were obviously hoping that people would tell you it was fine to steal/keep the money.
Where?
Some on here have answered without being nasty.
But as I said,calling me names was uncalled for.

My family already said it was ok. If I didn't question it and really think about it,I would have spent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I didn't. But no one has the right to call me a turd when they don't even know me.
I also see that the person who said that to me also posts on the Christianinty forum.
Very Christ like of that person.....if it IS a Christian,which I doubt.
I would have been better asking God about the matter ,he doesn't condemn,esp if I'm asking.
You considering stealing says a lot about you. I think people have every right to condemn you for even asking that question. If you really think you 'deserve' more money, get off your a** and look for a new job that pays more money. You chose to work where you do, so don't complain about the money or benefits.

As a side note, threads like this are exactly why I spend an hour or so searching online for candidates' activities on forums/message boards before extending offers for interviews. What a person says (or posts) when they think no one knows who they are says volumes for who they really are.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
What about the guy and the rest of the employees?

In any event,my the person on the other end isn't trained to handle payroll,and since I work at night she certainly isn't getting out of her bed to handle it. You have to wait until the office open Mondays.
What about the other employees? I am not sure what you are asking.

My point was that the woman immediately came to me with the problem. She didn't even hesitate or contemplate whether she should keep it. She didn't ask others what she should do. She just did the right thing. That is the kind of thing that bosses look for and value.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You considering stealing says a lot about you. I think people have every right to condemn you for even asking that question. If you really think you 'deserve' more money, get off your a** and look for a new job that pays more money. You chose to work where you do, so don't complain about the money or benefits.

As a side note, threads like this are exactly why I spend an hour or so searching online for candidates' activities on forums/message boards before extending offers for interviews. What a person says (or posts) when they think no one knows who they are says volumes for who they really are.
How do you identify people from fictitious screennames? For example, if jerseygal4u applied for a job with you, how would you know it was her?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How do you identify people from fictitious screennames? For example, if jerseygal4u applied for a job with you, how would you know it was her?
That's what I was thinking? How would you know what forums she posted on. Many people do know the meaning of "anonymity".

Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I read about someone who got extra money in their paycheck, didn't report it, and was later fired for not reporting it.
Why mention this if you aren't going to include the "source"?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I got my regualr pay for this week but it seems someone must have hit the button again because I got paid twice. I get direct deposit.I don't get any bonuses or anything so I know its a mistake on their part. Should I mention this to payroll or shut up and enjoy?

What would you do?
Why bother asking what the "right" thing is to do? IF you actually knew what the right thing to do is you would not have to ask anyone let alone strangers on a public forum.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
This is just an example. People often post personal information on various message boards.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This is just an example. People often post personal information on various message boards.
Give me an example of messageboards where people use their own names or their actual identities are otherwise readily available.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Give me an example of messageboards where people use their own names or their actual identities are otherwise readily available.
Close your eyes and pick a national news source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment