Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times

Advertisements

The bigger question is what will the OP do when their employer hires the co-worker with the nasty BO and a sidekick who constantly passes gas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,771,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
And....they are probably just as annoyed with something you do all day.
True, I am sure I had annoying habits like anyone else. No one is perfect. I work from home now full time, and do not miss people who were annoying around me in a cubicle office.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
I'm just going to use this as a way to vent some minor annoyances.

I work in an office environment around other people. Naturally, I start to notice small things throughout the day and over a period of time that really gets on my nerves for some reason.

Coworker 1:
Constantly clears his throat. I mean CONSTANTLY. There is approximately 20-30 seconds between throat clearings. This is an all day, every day occurrence.
OMG!! I think you work with my former co-worker. You can keep him.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
I gots my own office so I am not having to deal with it........

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
I work in an open office and the girl next to me exhibits just about every annoying trait in the books. She constantly drums/taps the mouse loudly (to the point that you can hear it from the kitchen and feel it on the desk!), she hums to herself, she wears loud clanging jewelry, she feels the need to apply stinky hand lotion every time she sneezes and she smacks gum.

It's bad, really bad....and it's affecting my work. I dread going in and having to sit next to her for 8 hours. She truly drives me up the wall!

I'd be more inclined to try to tolerate her bad habits if it weren't for the fact that she's treacherous and evil. Unfortunately, she's seen as the "go to girl", so I basically just have to find another job.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
I have a variety of quirks which tend to annoy my co-workers, so I am more like co-workers #1-4 combined (with different annoyances). Some of these quirks (I suspect) stem from the location of my brain tumor or the anti-epileptics I take and are not easily overcome. None of the co-workers you mentioned would annoy me, as we all have our idiosyncrasies, but I can certainly see how they would bug somebody less "idiosyncratic" then myself. The problem is when all of your co-workers take what seems like extreme offense and bully you and report you to the supervisor.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
True, I am sure I had annoying habits like anyone else. No one is perfect. I work from home now full time, and do not miss people who were annoying around me in a cubicle office.
I was actually meaning for this comment to be for the OP, but you are correct, we all have habits that annoy someone.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
I'm just going to use this as a way to vent some minor annoyances.

I work in an office environment around other people. Naturally, I start to notice small things throughout the day and over a period of time that really gets on my nerves for some reason.

That's it for now.
Do you have any annoying coworkers?
It sounds like you don't have enough to do and so you notice all these little insignificant things.....but you do have a good sense of humor. Have you considered doing stand up comedy? Seriously, you should

Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
I work with this one guy who always tells me to go back up I95 to Statem Island. He's a pretty big moron since 1) I don't take I95 to get from Atlanta to NY and 2) I'm not even from Staten Island. Doesn't really bother me too much but it is annoying sometimes.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I work with this one guy who always tells me to go back up I95 to Statem Island. He's a pretty big moron since 1) I don't take I95 to get from Atlanta to NY and 2) I'm not even from Staten Island. Doesn't really bother me too much but it is annoying sometimes.
You could really annoy him by buying him a road atlas for Christmas or his birthday. 95 goes nowhere near Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment