Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
My company does have a morning shift also but they're one of the ones who would rather have more part timers than full time due to said benefits One of the reasons I'm looking at doing 2 parts instead of 1 full is that when I got let go last time it was a long time before unemployment kicked in and in the meantime I was struggling,if I should lose one of the part times at least I'd have one to keep me going.

I just saw that we are in the same area-lol

Check these sites for part-time jobs

Philaculture.com
Craigslist.org
monster.com
idealist.org
Philadelphia Daily News on Mondays ONLY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,431,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I know here in Philadelphia the only jobs I see posted fall into the category below

Part-time
Seasonal
Temporary

I rarely see a full-time job with benefits advertised which is a horrible thing. Also there are plenty of part-time jobs on craigslist and idealist.org
I'm in Philadelphia too and I go to search sites like Indeed and Simply,and the only part times I see are like dog walkers etc...not many at all. Maybe they're on other sites or something but I have been checking craigslist and while it doesn't have many it has a good variety...

Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I'm in Philadelphia too and I go to search sites like Indeed and Simply,and the only part times I see are like dog walkers etc...not many at all. Maybe they're on other sites or something but I have been checking craigslist and while it doesn't have many it has a good variety...

Idealist.org and Philaculture.org seem to be the best

Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 644 times
By the way, if any of you would like to make some extra cash, I can offer you a part-time job for $25 per hour. It's not hard and you may even find it fun. It involves speaking in English over Skype with those who need someone to correct their mistakes in grammar and pronunciation. Will be paid on a daily basis. If interested, please mail to: [email]adm24.vacancy@gmail.com[/email]

Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Many of the part time type jobs aren't posted because they are getting enough applicants without advertising. Also, most companies that hire part time also expect you to have full time availability...like they don't want to give you full time, but they expect you to be available to work any random hours they need. So if you can only work mornings, you will have a harder time getting hired.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
Search for merchandising companies. Fill out profiles and resumes on every site you find. You will need a reliable vehicle. They dont often post jobs. They pull from the database of profiles when there is an opening.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
If your field is healthcare, you'll see a lot more part time positions. I'm in behavioral health (non profit) and lots of us are trying to fill open positions with part timers, because money is so tight in our world already, and it's getting tighter regarding benefits.

In fact, people with a Masters in a mental health discipline often find tons of PT positions, but no full time, unless they have mgmt/supervisory experience.

But even in our non-degreed position, many of us behavioral health companies are increasing part time positions. This isn't our preference. We'd prefer full timers, as they stay longer, and turnover is not good for our clients. But the new requirements of the Affordable Care Act will certainly mean resorting to using more part timers, and we're only seeing the beginning.

I know people in other areas of healthcare who have at least 2 part time jobs, because full time positions just aren't there anymore.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
If your field is healthcare, you'll see a lot more part time positions. I'm in behavioral health (non profit) and lots of us are trying to fill open positions with part timers, because money is so tight in our world already, and it's getting tighter regarding benefits.

In fact, people with a Masters in a mental health discipline often find tons of PT positions, but no full time, unless they have mgmt/supervisory experience.

But even in our non-degreed position, many of us behavioral health companies are increasing part time positions. This isn't our preference. We'd prefer full timers, as they stay longer, and turnover is not good for our clients. But the new requirements of the Affordable Care Act will certainly mean resorting to using more part timers, and we're only seeing the beginning.

I know people in other areas of healthcare who have at least 2 part time jobs, because full time positions just aren't there anymore.

Which is why I want no more parts of non-profit world. Being laid off 4 times in 4 years in the non-profit world is a clear sign that the money is tight

Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I know here in Philadelphia the only jobs I see posted fall into the category below

Part-time
Seasonal
Temporary

I rarely see a full-time job with benefits advertised which is a horrible thing. Also there are plenty of part-time jobs on craigslist and idealist.org
You must be looking at a narrow range of industries.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
You must be looking at a narrow range of industries.

Doesn't matter the industry, I don't see full-time jobs with benefits posted. It;s something that has started in late 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment