Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Wonder if a study could be done to find out how many people regret getting tattoos? Now if you want to decent job, you better not have any ink showing on hands or neck.

Tattoo Removal Booms in Slow Job Market - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 07:16 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Ha, I just responded to you in the parenting forum. I have a small tattoo on my wrist, and no, I would not consider removing it. It means a lot to me, and I can cover it if necessary.... I also don't have the type of job that would ever require it, though I suppose I don't know what the future may hold as far as that is concerned.

As far as regret, though, one can regret a tattoo for lots of reasons. I put lots and lots of thought into mine; it was planned for over a year, and I drew it myself. If it had been spur-of-the-moment, though, then I could see maybe regretting it years later, whether it was visible to others or not.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,198,343 times
I cant fathom why so many people are getting neck/face and sleeve tattoos these days.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM

455 posts, read 651,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I cant fathom why so many people are getting neck/face and sleeve tattoos these days.
I agree.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
I can't fathom why people watch NASCAR...or why anyone over the age of 12 would willingly listen to Justin Bieber.

Different strokes and all of that I guess...

Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Tattoo removal via laser surgery is among the fastest growing areas of the dermatology industry.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I can't fathom why people watch NASCAR...or why anyone over the age of 12 would willingly listen to Justin Bieber.

Different strokes and all of that I guess...

Watching NASCAR or listening to Justin Bieber isnt going to cost you a job though, and you can switch off the radio or TV with far more ease than getting a tattoo removed.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I know I'm in the minority here and it is because of my age and family background but tattoos to me are tacky and 'cheap". They scream of drunken sailors on shore leave. My father was career Army Officer who hated tattoos and made it very clear to me any man who would get one was never to be brought home. He was born in 1915 , served in WWII and Korea and I'm sure he saw many tattoos in his day. and probably a few drunk soldiers and sailors.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I know I'm in the minority here and it is because of my age and family background but tattoos to me are tacky and 'cheap". They scream of drunken sailors on shore leave. My father was career Army Officer who hated tattoos and made it very clear to me any man who would get one was never to be brought home. He was born in 1915 , served in WWII and Korea and I'm sure he saw many tattoos in his day. and probably a few drunk soldiers and sailors.

Hah, my Dad was in the Navy 21 years, and liked the bottle a little too much, never did get a tattoo, but he is full of "drunken sailor" stories of his shipmates.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:21 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
Watching NASCAR or listening to Justin Bieber isnt going to cost you a job though, and you can switch off the radio or TV with far more ease than getting a tattoo removed.

Completely missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
tattoos to me are tacky and 'cheap". They scream of drunken sailors on shore leave.
Fair enough. We all have our preferences - don't like tats...don't get one.

Although you may be surprised by how many people with tattoos are quite the opposite of drunken sailors...people with advanced degrees and six-figure salaries who are quite professional and responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment