Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
You are aware that you have no right to expect anything of anyone, right? Doing so makes you a jerk in this situation and would even if she WAS being racist as motivation. ow dare you go through life EXPECTING actions of others and feeling that you have a right to expect them. The sad thing, it is clear that you do just this.

I'm talking about even in your company, if u are going to the bathroom and you pass someone in the hall that you don't work with directly I would hope you atleast say Hello.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:23 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,391,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Let me try this one more time

We were walking toward each other in the hallway but wasn't close enough to speak so once we became closer I went to look at her and she was looking in another direction which is why I didn't say anything. So my point is she saw me walking toward her and didn't want to speak which made me suspicious
And when you spoke to her, what did she say???

OH WAIT YOU DIDN'T SPEAK TO HER EITHER.

That is what is making all of us suspicious.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about even in your company, if u are going to the bathroom and you pass someone in the hall that you don't work with directly I would hope you atleast say Hello.
Might. Might not. Depends how racist I am feeling that day.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
because i don't want any nervous and arkward people sitting around me that's why.
Not entirely sure how you will manage that as you would have to attend while simultaneously figuring out a way to leave yourself at home.

The only person nervous in that hallway was you. And if your reputation at work precedes you, she was likely trying to avoid having a conversation with you.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
And when you spoke to her, what did she say???

OH WAIT YOU DIDN'T SPEAK TO HER EITHER.

That is what is making all of us suspicious.

And i believe I said I didn't speak because she wasn't looking at me as we crossed paths.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Might. Might not. Depends how racist I am feeling that day.

Even if it's true you certainly have that right.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
And i believe I said I didn't speak because she wasn't looking at me as we crossed paths.

You did.

So again tell me WHAT WAS THE ISSUE? Are you pissed because you think as one of the few males she should kiss your ass and know-know- you're supposed to be spoken to even though she didn't see you?

Have you been disciplined at this new job yet? I mean work discipline, not your fetish crap.

As a note, I go to the Central Office of my employer frequently and rarely, if ever, am I greeted by random people while walking in the hallway. One will sometimes look to see if I'm wearing an ID (they're nervous sorts there, one reason many are no longer in the classroom).

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM

But that was my whole point. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. And either you know this and are just trying to find something to do on the long weekend or you actually believe every behavior is racist and that the fast food employee forgot your chicken nugget dipping sauce because he or she is racist. If that is the life and world in which you live, I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You did.

So again tell me WHAT WAS THE ISSUE? Are you pissed because you think as one of the few males she should kiss your ass and know-know- you're supposed to be spoken to?

Have you been disciplined at this new job yet? I mean work discipline, not your fetish crap.

Why would I need to be disciplined? And let me just say I had to make an adjustment too because I never worked at a job where I was the only YOUNG person. Everyone at the agency is 55 and older so I had to forget about that and still work well with everyone. So maybe that lady will be socializing this time next year once she is used to seeing me.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,852,303 times
Quote:
Why would I need to be disciplined? And let me just say I had to make an adjustment too because I never worked at a job where I was the only YOUNG person. Everyone at the agency is 55 and older so I had to forget about that and still work well with everyone. So maybe that lady will be socializing this time next year once she is used to seeing me.

If you have been working for 14 years, you aren't that young, honey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment