Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:56 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,770,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo_pink View Post
Unless the OP did something bad, he shouldn't have to make excuses for himself.

Each day he made a conscious decision to spend his time doing whatever and, at the time, he was happy with his decision.

He shouldn't need to explain himself just because someone else doesn't like it.
Excuse me? He IS making excuses for himself. He didn't finish school, he's sponging off of his parents and he has no job history, not even a couple of federal workstudy positions that would have taunt him decent work ethics. Then he comes on this thread, acting as if people are supposed to sympathize with him when he squandered his opportunities.

When I was growing up, I had parents who gave me whatever I wanted or needed. Even if they didn't have it right away, they would have it later on. But there comes a time in life when you have to go out and see how the real world works.

That's something my grandmother told me.

So now I found a new job working on a contract from the city, and I passed my teacher certification exam. I had to struggle, and fight, and do whatever I can to make a name for myself.

I've seen your posts on this board and you are DELUSIONAL. You're defending someone who had every opportunity to make something of himself but instead he just acted as if things are supposed to be handed on him on a platter. People gave him advice so let's see if he really follows up on it.

Quote:

Just because you have a job doesn't mean you're a productive member of society.

WHAT. JUST WHAT?

When you have a job, you pay taxes, you make a name for yourself and you're able to tell your kids everything you've learned while growing up, that way they can learn from you and not make any mistakes you made while growing up. Working does make you a productive member of society.

Like I said, delusional.

Last edited by deposite; 08-28-2013 at 07:06 AM..

Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 AM

325 posts, read 1,036,989 times
You know what you should stop doing? Whining on the internet. Get a job - any job - and move out into the crappiest little room with 6 roommates you can find and see what real life is all about. This is harsh, but the best predictor for future behavior is recent history - and your recent history indicates a man living at home in his 50s.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:06 AM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Thread locked pending mod review.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment