Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 04:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
My my getting a little touchy and upset aren't you? Someone apparently has hit a nerve somewhere.

Give me a break about the "white man" being privileged. As much time as you spend b*tching about others and playing around on your computer, that time could be spent looking for work. Using the race card is pretty pathetic.
All common and repetitive themes in his threads and posts ... Bilk the system, blame everyone else and all those darned white folks need to get real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 04:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I don't believe that statistic for a second.
Its a FOX news stat, ,i'm deciding....
OK i've decided...

it means from a righty viewpoint every one in the USA who isnt a Republican is a welfare bum and the Republicans are evidently doing all the work in supporting them..
The logic seems to be implying that in America today you can either not work and get everything for free(Democrats) or you can spend a lifetime toiling away at work (Republicans)to pay for those that get it all for free..If i have a choice to make in this scenario i think i'll take everything for free and let some other sucker do the toiling away..

Last edited by jambo101; 11-09-2013 at 05:12 AM..

Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its a FOX news stat, ,i'm deciding....
OK i've decided...

it means from a righty viewpoint every one in the USA who isnt a Republican is a welfare bum and the Republicans are evidently doing all the work in supporting them..
The logic seems to be implying that in America today you can either not work and get everything for free(Democrats) or you can spend a lifetime toiling away at work (Republicans)to pay for those that get it all for free..If i have a choice to make in this scenario i think i'll take everything for free and let some other sucker do the toiling away..
Just remember: giving a Wal-mart worker food stamps because they are paid so badly that they need taxpayer help to live = "evil welfare - must end it!"

Allowing Wal-mart (and others) to pay their workers so badly that they need food stamps from the taxpayer to live while shipping jobs overseas and extracting all the wealth to the top = "great business sense and it makes my stock go up so it's great. Go Team 'mericuh!"

Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Just remember: giving a Wal-mart worker food stamps because they are paid so badly that they need taxpayer help to live = "evil welfare - must end it!"

Allowing Wal-mart (and others) to pay their workers so badly that they need food stamps from the taxpayer to live while shipping jobs overseas and extracting all the wealth to the top = "great business sense and it makes my stock go up so it's great. Go Team 'mericuh!"
It is funny how often I see people complaining about Walmart and acting as if they are a bunch of conservatives in charge there, if you do some research you will find that the Waltons are huge democrate supporters and have been for a long time.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:11 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
It is funny how often I see people complaining about Walmart and acting as if they are a bunch of conservatives in charge there, if you do some research you will find that the Waltons are huge democrate supporters and have been for a long time.
Why not. Democrats have been traditionally more friendly to social safety nets in our time. The Waltons don't have to pay their employees a living wage and the taxpayers pick up the slack with foodstamps and other assistance.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I didn't start this thread to flaunt my stuff; I was sharing an article I came across. AND I DIDN'T PUNCH AN OLD MAN ON A BUS FOR NO REASON.

I was on youtube at the moment I posted this thread and that woman was a good example of welfare abuse.

I wasn't picking on black people, it's just that the woman in the video was black.
Jesse, I have seen this woman's videos before and I wouldn't be surprised if she is an actress paid by tea partiers or RWNJs to stir things up. And other people on this thread have disproven the notion of "more people are on welfare than yada yada yada ..." You got taken by posting this as a topic to discuss. I would suggest doing more research before starting threads of this kind.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Social security was paid for by those receiving it, in fact many paid in much more then they will ever receive back.
Only if they die before they receive it, or die younger than usual after starting to receive it. Most receive much more than they put in. Also, other people, like spouses, ex-spouses, widows, widowers and children can receive SS on someone else's account too, which adds up to a lot more than a person individually put in. That is the real truth.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Why not. Democrats have been traditionally more friendly to social safety nets in our time. The Waltons don't have to pay their employees a living wage and the taxpayers pick up the slack with foodstamps and other assistance.
Exactly - "Let somebody else pay for it" - it's bad when a poor person benefits, but okay when a corp does... right!

Also, it's not even accurate with regard to trying to link Wal-mart strictly to the Democrats:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3461267.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...gop-continues/

Basically, while the company may split its contributions almost evenly in recent years, the Waltons themselves heavily backed Republicans each time.

Either way, we get it: they want more favors from those in charge to do what they want and they want just enough safety nets so their employees don't starve, provided somebody else is paying for it. Anything else and they might only be super rich instead of ultra rich, and we can't have that.

Last edited by Rambler123; 11-09-2013 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-09-2013, 01:04 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times
As a reminder...

Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
the liberals should be proud,,,

the dems have bought all these votes thru the years for freebees, and now the freebee/welfare crowd outnumbers the working crowd,,guaranteeing consistent democrat victories
the liberals should throw a party (they probly wont pay for that either-so have lobsters!!)

you can bask in the liberal promise land..... and demonize all the republicans -that are paying for all these freebees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment